See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Work that I have been doing with Revit lately...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Work that I have been doing with Revit lately...

The first one looks really promising, but the other two are a bit to heavy on the special effects. Maybe you already know this trick, but after you apply the filter in Photoshop hit CTRL-SHIFT-F and play with the slider. You have to do that as the exact next step after appliying the filter and I think you'll like the results.

Very dramatic space and lighting, and good use of a unified pallet.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by andrebaros
    The first one looks really promising, but the other two are a bit to heavy on the special effects. Maybe you already know this trick, but after you apply the filter in Photoshop hit CTRL-SHIFT-F and play with the slider. You have to do that as the exact next step after appliying the filter and I think you'll like the results.

Very dramatic space and lighting, and good use of a unified pallet.
    Hey, thanks for the criticism (both the positive and negative).

The first one is straight out of accurender. We did the special effects just to mimic the ArtDeco style of rendering that are found in the "history" books, and to show a non-realistic impression (not that the first one is realistic looking, but more Graphic).
    It's actually not so heavy in the size we printed it (not bigger than 4cmx4cm) just on our cover (with hand sketches, some material sample and some furniture samples)....but I know what you mean about the heavyness of special effects...it was more of a game than anything else....
    I did more than 10 versions of special effects ....some softer than others....I did notice the nice-fader option...

Again, thanks for the criticism...

Take care,

Login to Give a bone

As usual Lugi, your presentations certainly have the WOW factor...

Great stuff...keep 'em coming.
    Last edited by bill.adams; 2005-11-23 at 02:07 PM. Reason: correcting an embarassing mistake
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

Login to Give a bone

This project has been the largest project of the year we completed as MC2 Architektura. I am showing 1 out of 4 portions of the project. This was the only one (and the biggest) done in Revit. The other 3 were more of an adaptation of existing design...drawings already done in Autocad.

The project has 16 Mousoleum units, which have 88 spots each, and 1 wall of urns, of more than 900 spots.

Part of the Program was that the Mausoleum had to be by units that didn't share a roof. We didn't want to have a concentration camp effect and we wanted to have as much as green as possible to give the place a "park" effect.
    Each Mausoleum unit has a green roof, not only for design reasons, but also to thermally keep the units from heating up.

The idea of the wall of urns should be self-explanatory by the images posted

We created a park like axis of communication to enhance the "park" feel. Also we have decided to have one type of tree for each "zone" so that the zones might be identified by the trees as well as the identificator signage. (hint...the trees aren't really the trees selected...but we do have all different colors and types...and, the 5 meter green islands between the mausoleum have more landscape than just the green grass...)

The images posted will hopefully be self explanatory. The renderings have been done quickly and not a lot of time has been put into preparing them for rendering. Renderings weren't required to get the design approved.
    The design also includes lighting, which isn't currently in the renderings....but as time permits I would like to do a few night shots, with the project lights and candles visitors would possibly place (I am especially excited in placing candles on the wall of urns and see how it looks at night.... )

oooh, forgot, the direction of the Mausoleum units are angular to the existing quadrants to align them North and South, minimizing the direct sunlight on the sides (heat expands the gases.....)

KingBlads......Thank you! (and sorry for the delayed reaction... )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luigi; 2006-01-07 at 04:53 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Project Update with a few construction photos...

ooh, and here is the update for the interior design of the garage building....
    Last edited by luigi; 2006-03-15 at 05:47 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Login to Give a bone

Hmm...was it maybe not a good Idea to have one thread for all my work? I had seen this in the Maxwell Render Forum, and thought it was a nice idea to imitate......but maybe not?

Ok, I did this project in the beginning of the year, totally forgot that I didn't include it here, but recently they finally built it. I haven't seen it yet, but my partner took some photos today. the photos aren't the best, when I have nice photos I will replace these.

We used revit all of the way to the Design concept of 3 versions (no renderings were required, we did this rendering just for marketing purpose, but spent too little time on it, hence, the quality is lacking).
    Then we used Autocad (except for the page shown which was our cover page)....only because we didn't have people that could work on it in Revit, and I was too busy on other jobs....not for any other reason...Revit would of increased the accuracy and clarity of the Construction documents.....but as you can see from the photos, they didn't vary too much from the look of the desk, and that is more important.

Top material is stone. The stone matches the existing stone found in the main Lobby.
    Main Material, Wood veneer - Wenge (dark, dark, dark...not sure what is the english name, but since it is an exotic wood, maybe it has the same name?)

ooh,forgot, the project was done as MC2 architektura, before the name change (name went from Myszkowski Architekt ----------> MC2 architektura)

Peace,
    Last edited by luigi; 2006-01-27 at 05:58 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Updated the single family residence....http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...671#post122671

Login to Give a bone

Hope somebody likes it....

The avi's are hidden mode....made very small 320x240 pixels....

Patricks....Thank you!

I got engaged in Krakow in 2000......in the main piazza!!!!

I am actually moving back to the states...(very soon, in a little more than one week)

May His peace be with you,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by luigi; 2006-03-15 at 06:23 PM.

Login to Give a bone

That's alot of nice stuff.... interesting concept on the mausoleum... I had a colleague in architecture school who did a sort of "vertical" urban mausoleum in a downtown urban area as her thesis project.

I was actually in Poland this past August, we stayed in Krakow for a couple of days, visited Auschwitz and Birkenau. I was very impressed with some of the architecture around those areas in throughout the countryside that I saw. And of course what did I do when I saw all the buidlings over there? I thought "hmm how would I model it in Revit" My church here supports a missionary and his family living there in Krakow, and I think who has ties in Warsaw, as well, so our group was able to visit with him and he showed us around a few places in Krakow.

Keep up the good work.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast