Thread: xp pro / 3d studio viz r2

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb xp pro / 3d studio viz r2

This message was posted in the viz forum but no luck, perhaps an XP xpert can meet the challenge! I have posted this on tek tips etc no reply, and numerous phone calls have left me without answers.

3d studio viz is loaded onto my XP pro system but on entering the program I get an error message,

interactive 3d renderer initialization failed. please check device settings by using the - H command line option.

I could stop if I wanted to Ron Oldenbeuving's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: xp pro / 3d studio viz r2

Quote Originally Posted by noelette
    This message was posted in the viz forum but no luck, perhaps an XP xpert can meet the challenge! I have posted this on tek tips etc no reply, and numerous phone calls have left me without answers.

3d studio viz is loaded onto my XP pro system but on entering the program I get an error message,

interactive 3d renderer initialization failed. please check device settings by using the - H command line option.
    Right click on the shortcut you use to open the program. Under the Shortcut tab, where it says Target, add -H after the text in there.

ie. "C:\Program Files\Autodesk VIZ "vers"\3dsviz.exe -H"

You should be able to change your video settings the next time you start Viz. Check the Heidi Software Z Buffer, and you should be ok. Just check that your video driver is actually supported.
    Last edited by Ron Oldenbeuving; 2005-05-19 at 08:50 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: xp pro / 3d studio viz r2

thank you Ron it worked perfectly

I could stop if I wanted to Ron Oldenbeuving's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by noelette
    thank you Ron it worked perfectly
    No thanks necessary, just glad to see you got up and running.

I use Inventor, not VIZ, but I did a search in the Autodesk Viz discussion forum. You might want to keep that in mind. Catchya

Login to Give a bone

I wish I could help. I've been using 3D STUDIO VIZ R2 on Windows XP for 9 years now without a hitch. The only problem was when I upgraded from Windows 2000 to XP, I wound up having to download a driver update for the HARDWARE LOCK.

Well, this month, I wound up replacing my hard drive. My tech guy installed Windows XP Professional, which, I suppose, is slightly different from "regular" XP. Now I'm getting an error message:

"Hardware lock drivers not installed; program will terminate."

It's been SO long since I downloaded those drivers, I have no idea where I got them, and so far, even the person who found the website for me (11 years ago!) can't help!

Suddenly, I've got more than 15 years worth of models I can't access......

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Profh0011 View Post
    I wish I could help. I've been using 3D STUDIO VIZ R2 on Windows XP for 9 years now without a hitch. The only problem was when I upgraded from Windows 2000 to XP, I wound up having to download a driver update for the HARDWARE LOCK.

Well, this month, I wound up replacing my hard drive. My tech guy installed Windows XP Professional, which, I suppose, is slightly different from "regular" XP. Now I'm getting an error message:

"Hardware lock drivers not installed; program will terminate."

It's been SO long since I downloaded those drivers, I have no idea where I got them, and so far, even the person who found the website for me (11 years ago!) can't help!

Suddenly, I've got more than 15 years worth of models I can't access......
    see your new thread.