Thread: Keynote Database

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Keynote Database

I took my first look today at manipulating the keynote database to actually agree with our specs. The first area that I need to adjust is for Concrete Masonry Units and assemblies. Our current specs includes only one section for all masonry, even though there are walls consisting of a single wythe. The Keynote for any CMU element defaults to 04220, with a period and then two more characters. I don't know what the period and two following characters represent, and I want to change the spec number to 04810. There is a selection in the database for 04810, but what happens when I make that change? Does it have any effect on the detail graphics?

I expect to modify a great many more sections, so this may be a never-ending exercise. Does anybody have any help to offer?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keynote Database

ADT's keynote data base follows the CSI Master Format nomeclature. The decimal places you refer to (00000.00) are most likely a sub-catagory of the main item which would mean there might be a deviation from the standard format.

What are you using to modify it? MS Access? If so, it should be relatively easy as it works like excel.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Keynote Database

I am using Access to modify the database, and I do understand that AD is using the CSI format, which we also use. However, we do not specify concrete masonry, clay masonry, mortar, and accessories separately. We use the masonry assembly section to specify all that. I was wondering what happens if I change all that, and what should I change. There are several columns in the database table, while the info from only one column is displayed in the keynote. Do the other columns key to the detail object, and should they remain unchanged in order to work?

Is there a guide to explain all these features?