View Poll Results: Right click switching between segment type in sketch mode would be helpful?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • * - pointless

0 0%
  • ** -

0 0%
  • *** whatever (neutral)

0 0%
  • **** +

2 20.00%
  • ***** + would be great!

8 80.00%

Thread: 8.0/N - Right click to switch line tools when in sketch mode - O

All AUGI, all the time janunson's Avatar

Default 8.0/N - Right click to switch line tools when in sketch mode - O

Right click switching between segment type during sketch mode:

I think it would save me a lot of mousing and clicking if i could switch between line, curve, tangent curve, etc. from the right-click menu while sketching instead of having to travel all the way up to the options bar. The Options bar updates too slowly and is too far away from where i'm working.

Default Re: 8.0/N - Right click to switch line tools when in sketch mode - O

I have been asking for " secondary Hotkeys" similiar to this, so you would click the line tool, then as you are drawing you could click A, for arc, L for line, T for tan line, etc. Its a pain to keep going up to the options bar to cycle. But I like your Idea just as good.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

I think I like the secondary hot keys idea better than the right click option. Revit definitely needs keyboard acess to more commands. Fussing with the various menu items gets old very quickly.

AUGI Addict

Over use of the mouse is something I have a big issue with in Revit - not big right click fan though - Id go for the hotkeys option too - maybe even just space bar to scroll through the different lines? - and the place similar tool should do just that!

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar

I agree. I have my mouse speed set to Ballistic just so I can get around fast enough.

All AUGI, all the time janunson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin P
    Over use of the mouse is something I have a big issue with in Revit - not big right click fan though - Id go for the hotkeys option too - maybe even just space bar to scroll through the different lines? - and the place similar tool should do just that!
    You have a good point. Secondary hotkeys would probably be even better - just things take so many clicks, and the interface can't keep up with me. I switch panels on the design bar, or wait for the correct options to show up on the options bar... it makes me wait. straight icons may be cluttered, but they're instant...

If it's going to be mouse-driven, then i think the old GUI rules should be applied more - the fastest pixel to get to is the one your already over - so right click is probably the quickest mouse-click to get to. maybe a quad-menu like 3D Studio would get more options under your mouse more quickly... it's just the inconsistency of location of icons between functions, etc. that gets frustrating... i'd like to have a key that would start the line command whether i'm in a detail view, family editor, sketch mode, etc. oops... this might be turning into rant.. sorry.

AUGI Addict

maybe something like the new "command line" at the cursor similar to autocad 2006 - its pretty useful..... all the options are just there.