Thread: AECC Contours

Login to Give a bone

Default AECC Contours

i'm asking on behalf of my friend- this is his email to me...can anyone help?

I got a problem, I have an AECC contour that I changed color (not by layer) to show for an exhibit. After I printed it, I went back to the xref and selected to contour and changed the color back to by layer. Well, the drawings still show it as yellow. I detached to xref, purged to drawings, reloaded the xref, and it is still yellow. If you select the contour, it says it is 251 (by layer) but it isn't, It prints bold! WTF? 2nd issue, this is in civil 3D 2006, it's fine in 2005! 2005 shows the correct colors, but not 2006. WTF!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AECC Contours

Quote Originally Posted by afortier
    i'm asking on behalf of my friend- this is his email to me...can anyone help?

I got a problem, I have an AECC contour that I changed color (not by layer) to show for an exhibit...

this is in civil 3D 2006, it's fine in 2005! 2005 shows the correct colors, but not 2006.
    Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General Forum to this one...

Why? it is my understanding your friend is talking about a problem that he is experiencing in Civil 3D and not vanilla AutoCAD... if I have got this wrong, please speak up, I will then happily correctly the action I have taken.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

oops- sorry about that Mike,
    thanks for the move.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by afortier
    oops- sorry about that Mike,
    thanks for the move.
    Hi

No worries... no sorry required.

Mike

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

The display colors for Civil 3D objects is controlled within the style settings and object display properties inside tool space and quite likely will not match what is shown in the layer manager. Contours especially are troublesome as there are two different areas that appear to control their display, but only one has any effect as far as I can tell. By right clicking on the entity and choosing the edit object properties option you can navigate to the correct area to make the desired change. This will probably be found on a tab labeled "display."