Thread: CUI Main/Enterprise Modifications

Login to Give a bone

Default CUI Main/Enterprise Modifications

I have configured a CUI file main (M) & enterprise (E) using ACAD.cui as the E & an office derived cui for the main. The workspace is part of ACAD.cui. Would it be advantagous to create a profile the reverses this order to edit the workspace in the acad.cui file?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI Main/Enterprise Modifications

Wow, Steve.

It is my humble opinion that you have that backwards, at least. I would not want my users modifying the office cui file, so that is the obvious choice (IMHO) for the enterprise cui file. Then you can make office standard workspaces that the users cannot blow up. And if you don't want the users blowing up Acad.cui, it should be partially loaded under the office/enterprise cui.

Then use the installed-by-default Custom.cui as the main cui file, so the user can do some of their own workspaces.

Warning! There is a bug right now with how mouse buttons act. I am currently researching the ramifications of an XML edit to get mouse definitions from Acad.cui into the enterprise cui. Hopefully, if I research long enough, Autodesk will fix the bug before I band-aid it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB
    Wow, Steve.

It is my humble opinion that you have that backwards, at least. I would not want my users modifying the office cui file, so that is the obvious choice (IMHO) for the enterprise cui file. Then you can make office standard workspaces that the users cannot blow up. And if you don't want the users blowing up Acad.cui, it should be partially loaded under the office/enterprise cui.

Then use the installed-by-default Custom.cui as the main cui file, so the user can do some of their own workspaces.

Warning! There is a bug right now with how mouse buttons act. I am currently researching the ramifications of an XML edit to get mouse definitions from Acad.cui into the enterprise cui. Hopefully, if I research long enough, Autodesk will fix the bug before I band-aid it.
    I see your point. That's kind of what I did, only you said it in better detail.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Oh yeah, and BTW, on your original question... yes, as the CAD Manager you absolutely need two profiles; the user-normal profile and the CAD Manager edit enterprise cui profile to let you modify the office.cui as main, not enterprise.

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: CUI Main/Enterprise Modifications

Wow, Steve.

Hi Robert,
    Hows the bug fix going for the mouse buttons??
    Have you heard from Autodesk yet?
    Thanks
    Adrian

Login to Give a bone

A true mouse button fix from Autodesk is still in the future.

However, I was able to get mouse buttons working again without resorting to manual XML editing.

I used my "Vanilla" profile and the CUI command to transfer all my items from my original enterprise cui file (starting from the bottom Legacy node) into a new cui file. (A new blank cui file in the editor has the mouse node!) I then saved that new file back over the top of my old enterprise file.

I had to reattach the partial cui files that I had in the original enterprise cui, and modify the defined workspaces to turn off the Express toolbars. I transferred the Snap Menu from Acad.cui to my enterprise cui file under Button 2 in the Shift+Click node, and modified the command to:
    $P0=ACAD.SNAP $p0=*

The total process was relatively painless (about 10 minutes edit time).

Limited testing has shown the Shift+RClick to work, even after running the Temporary Overrides.

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: CUI Main/Enterprise Modifications

A true mouse button fix from Autodesk is still in the future.

However, I was able to get mouse buttons working again without resorting to manual XML editing.

I used my "Vanilla" profile and the CUI command to transfer all my items from my original enterprise cui file (starting from the bottom Legacy node) into a new cui file. (A new blank cui file in the editor has the mouse node!) I then saved that new file back over the top of my old enterprise file.

I had to reattach the partial cui files that I had in the original enterprise cui, and modify the defined workspaces to turn off the Express toolbars. I transferred the Snap Menu from Acad.cui to my enterprise cui file under Button 2 in the Shift+Click node, and modified the command to:
    $P0=ACAD.SNAP $p0=*

The total process was relatively painless (about 10 minutes edit time).

Limited testing has shown the Shift+RClick to work, even after running the Temporary Overrides.
    Dang you guys are SMRT!!!

I had problems with my CUi files earlier this week and I had to resort to reinstalling AutoCAD because both my mouse buttons were acting up (a bit) and my right click menus were gone. Good to know that people are working on a bug fix for 2006
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell