Thread: Turning Object Snap Tracking Off

Login to Give a bone

Angry Turning Object Snap Tracking Off

Just updated from AutoCAD 10 to 2006. I still like my old digitizer but: When I have DRAGMODE auto on so I can see thing dragging in real time and try to acquire a point the cursor seems to try and avoid any point I may want to snap to such as endpoints or midpoint. When I get the target near an object with a point to be acquired the target seems to bounce on the screen and try to avoid that point. With persistence I can get the cursor to settle down and find the point. I find that this bounce is related to the routine which does Object Snap Tracking. If I turn off Object Snap tracking using F11 then the bounce is not as pronounced. The problem is the next time I go to acquire a point Object Snap tracking is back on. How do I get Object Snap tracking turned off persistently and permanently?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Turning Object Snap Tracking Off

Quote Originally Posted by hawk.85581
    Just updated from AutoCAD 10 to 2006. I still like my old digitizer but: When I have DRAGMODE auto on so I can see thing dragging in real time and try to acquire a point the cursor seems to try and avoid any point I may want to snap to such as endpoints or midpoint. When I get the target near an object with a point to be acquired the target seems to bounce on the screen and try to avoid that point. With persistence I can get the cursor to settle down and find the point. I find that this bounce is related to the routine which does Object Snap Tracking. If I turn off Object Snap tracking using F11 then the bounce is not as pronounced. The problem is the next time I go to acquire a point Object Snap tracking is back on. How do I get Object Snap tracking turned off persistently and permanently?
    try turning it off while not in a command. You can also get to it through the Drafting Settings under the Tools menu.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

When I turn it off using the Tools Menu, Draft Setting, and remove the check from the box it stays off when I return to it from that path. If I press F11 then the checkbox is always checked the next time I press F11. Is there a variable I can set in my AutoLISP so it is always turned off whenever I open a drawings?

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Take a look at the system variable AutoSnap.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thank You. Setting the Autosnap variable to zero fixes my bouncy buggy evasive cursor.