In the docs for Revit 6 it indicates that you can now get shared parameters to export correctly through ODBC. We setup our families using shared parameters for all data attributes. We place the families and everything schedules fine within Revit. However when we export to ODBC using MS Access as the data source we do not see our shared parameters or associated data.

The REVIT document I have says the following:

Shared Parameters Export to ODBC

“Shared Parameters added to a project as project parameters will be included in the database tables exported to ODBC. If loaded families also contain the same Shared Parameters, that data will be exported as well.”

What the heck does this mean?

1. We setup shared parameters first for all our families then did an export and we did not see the shared parameters arrive as expected in the database...

2. After Re-reading the docs above, I went back to project settings and added matching Project Parameters based on the same Shared Parameters to the project and tried it again. Still no-go…

What am I doing wrong here? Does anyone know how to get Shared Parameters data from single families out through ODBC with R6?