See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

I had a power point presentation that I put together. I didn't want the drawing numbers in my powerpoint slides so I changed them to USUCKERS, UDOOMAYS, and ULAMOO.

Had to make sure when I gave my presentation that people were actually paying attention.

I also made the company line read Acme paper factory.

I could stop if I wanted to macwizzy06's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I did a hand perspective of our drawing studio. Earlier my boss warned about using his pix on any drawings, so I did my girlfriend's pix on a side wall. He thought it was nice till she visited the office and he insisted they'd met before.

Login to Give a bone

Kitchen in the space

and

Golden Sky of kitchen’s suburbs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by checkpost100; 2005-10-25 at 08:48 PM.

Login to Give a bone

some sections i did a while ago
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by mead1
    some sections i did a while ago
    SPILK. I never would have paid any attention to those. lol... nice.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

I designed a piece of in-house test equipment that had its switches and sockets arranged as a smiley face. I also arranged for it to have 8 hardwired leads attached to it and called it ‘Octopus’.

I fully expected it to be picked up in the authorisation stage but it wasn’t. Neither was it picked up in manufacturing!

We now have a test box that definitely raises the spirits of the technicians who use it.

Aled Taylor
    Design Engineer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MMccomb
    C'mon people, Can't tell me nobody hasn't done anything interesting to project drawings.
    Your employer isn't browsing this forum =-) Post some pics and stories!
    Someone that used to work here many years ago was stealing drawings from this company to create his own tool shop. He was fired. His father was one of the vice presidents of the company at the time and for several years after.

Well, years and many drafters later, here I am the CAD Manager. I'm going through all of our old drawings, archiving and such and I'm finding a layer on all his drawings named with his initials. After unfreezing this layer, up pops his tool shop company logo over the top of our company logo.

For some bizzarro reason my company buys product from his booming tool shop business and now he is a very rich man......hey, I'm not the boss.

Anyway, there is a maintenance guy who works here that was married to this guy's sister for a short time and has many stories to tell about this previous drafter. I discovered that a nickname was placed on this fellow some drunken night long ago and it stuck. The guy hates it with a passion. It happens to be Captain America. So the maintenance guy and I put our heads together and came up with a dirty trick to play. We know that he is really the only one who knows CAD at his company so he gets all the drawings. Well, using his "special layer" we attach a very large raster image of captain America right over the top of the drawings that we need to send his way then freeze the layer. He will no doubt see that it is a huge file size and wonder why.

Haven't gotten any nasty calls yet though.....bummer.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aledtaylor
    I designed a piece of in-house test equipment that had its switches and sockets arranged as a smiley face. I also arranged for it to have 8 hardwired leads attached to it and called it ‘Octopus’.

I fully expected it to be picked up in the authorisation stage but it wasn’t. Neither was it picked up in manufacturing!

We now have a test box that definitely raises the spirits of the technicians who use it.

Aled Taylor
    Design Engineer
    niiiice!
    dontcha just HATE it when people have FUN at work!!!

Login to Give a bone

You don't even need CAD.
    Years ago, when computers where kept in air-conditioned rooms a group of us produced some "unusual" drawings.
    One was a 3 view drawing of a fuel pipe assembly. It looked fine but, when made to the stated dimensions, the start and end locations were in the same place.
    Another was a square plate with a round hole. The plate was toleranced -/- and the hole +/+. The finished part would have been just the four corners.
    and so on........

Login to Give a bone

One of my colleges drew a square plate with three holes in it for mounting a circular component.

He had the bright idea of extending the holes into curved slots to allow adjustment.

He then had the bright idea of extending the slots further so they joined up. This would allow the circular component to be mounted at any angle.

Some time later a machinist came into the office holding two pieces of metal. He was wondering why the middle had fallen out of the plate.

Aled Taylor
    Design Engineer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast