See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by MMccomb
    Has any body ever thrown in anything funny into their drawings?
    One of my last projects had a great site plan including roads. I snuck in the dukes of hazard car being chased by a cop down one of the highways.

I also hid my name in the grill of the car. Pretty fun to do.
    I used to put smley faces inside the gas burners on the stoves in the kitchen plans for Nordstrom stores. It made them look like smiling daisies.

Another time I drew a shark in a grease vault interceptor, and just before I could finish plotting it and delete the critter, someone else in the office emailed the file to the architect. We called the architect and told them the file was corrupted and told them to delete it and we sent it again.

But the worst was when I was typing too fast (in R12, before ACAD had spell check) and tried to type "FIRE SHUTTER" (an older term for fire damper). Suffice it to say the "U" key is next to the "I" key, and yes it went out the door for bid that way, undetected. Several contractors submitted RFI's with their bid, wanting to know where they could acquire such an item. I didn't lose my job, because I was brand new and clearly it was an accident. But I was the laughnig stock of the office and several other firms involved in the project. I heard numerous copies were made of that plan.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by rhall.72202
    I am having a hard time believing this one........gee, I wonder why? ROTFL
    I don't have any supporting evidence for the curved slot story as much time has passed.

I can at least attach a photo of the Octopus test set to confirm this story.

Aled Taylor
    Design Enginner
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Don't you hate when your plan's stare back at you? (this was unintentional...)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wspier
    But the worst was when I was typing too fast (in R12, before ACAD had spell check) and tried to type "FIRE SHUTTER" (an older term for fire damper). Suffice it to say the "U" key is next to the "I" key, and yes it went out the door for bid that way, undetected. Several contractors submitted RFI's with their bid, wanting to know where they could acquire such an item. I didn't lose my job, because I was brand new and clearly it was an accident. But I was the laughnig stock of the office and several other firms involved in the project. I heard numerous copies were made of that plan.

That is my laugh for the day!! You should take all the credit for that one. No need to appologize and/or fix it. We all need a laugh sometimes!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Back in the late 80's, one of my fellow AutoCAD designers would type 'Ollie' as an attribute on all the north arrows he was submitting to the department of transportation. As in 'Ollie North' arrows. The DOT reviewers got a kick out of it, but asked us kindly to stop...

We also had to label all proposed right-of -ways 'Dedicated to Public Use'. Of course we always typed 'pubic'. Childish, but funny to read the review comments...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by arteng
    Back in the late 80's, one of my fellow AutoCAD designers would type 'Ollie' as an attribute on all the north arrows he was submitting to the department of transportation. As in 'Ollie North' arrows. The DOT reviewers got a kick out of it, but asked us kindly to stop...

We also had to label all proposed right-of -ways 'Dedicated to Public Use'. Of course we always typed 'pubic'. Childish, but funny to read the review comments...
    They're just typos, right? Why all the fuss?

I could stop if I wanted to sschwartz85916's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

A few of my favorites:
    PLEASE REMOVE CONTRACTOR FROM LADIES TOILET ROOM (Contactor is misspelled)
    MECHANICAL LOVER (Tag calling out a LOUVER)

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

the best that occured in this company (not by me) was when a drafter placed a rabbit looking over some duct work (one sheet only). Approx. one year later when a final inspection was being made, above the ceiling was a flat piece of metal (cut with snips) attached to the duct work. the rabbit gets the last laugh.

Login to Give a bone

7 years ago when I first started working in the architecture Industry I was asked to do a night rendering for a grocery store for a major coporate chain. After doing the rendering I did a second one from a different angle which placed the grocery store on the moon with the earth rising in the background. My supervisor like it so much he sent it to his contact at the Grocery Store's corporate office along with the real rendering. Last year while visiting the corporate office for the first time, word got around that I was the one who did the rendering. I heard how much some people like it and made copies for their cubicles, until one day upper management saw it, and told everybody to take them down.

(I blurred the signage in this copy to protect the not so innocent...me)

Login to Give a bone

If your clients were smart they would built a campaign around that.

Nice one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast