See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

i sold my client my pets and he did not know it , i i did this by adding background of pictures of my animals to his 3d yard

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Humor with CAD Drawings?

Quote Originally Posted by projectdesign4444
    i sold my client my pets and he did not know it , i i did this by adding background of pictures of my animals to his 3d yard
    that's cool.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Before leaving one of my previous employers, I modified the AutoCAD blocks and LISP routine so that any "wall hung" items were now "WELL hung" items. All of the schedules and reports print out with the "typo". I have kept in touch with a few people that are still there, and nobody has figured out how to fix this "typo". They have to manually modify each instance, so every now and then, one slips through the cracks. I still giggle when I think of it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by barry.117348
    Before leaving one of my previous employers, I modified the AutoCAD blocks and LISP routine so that any "wall hung" items were now "WELL hung" items. All of the schedules and reports print out with the "typo". I have kept in touch with a few people that are still there, and nobody has figured out how to fix this "typo". They have to manually modify each instance, so every now and then, one slips through the cracks. I still giggle when I think of it.
    That's funny. I've never messed with anyone else's drawings like that, but have never left a drafting job on bad terms.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

This may be lame comparatively but we had a major project being held up by a gopher tortoise. Royal pain in the assets. On all our site plans we had to show the things burrow. I made a little smiling turtle on the dwg that just showed up as a dot on the plots.

I made a lisp routine to cuss out somebody one time with spinning flashing text, that was funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by norrin
    I made a lisp routine to cuss out somebody one time with spinning flashing text, that was funny.
    That would be hilarious and make somebody whooping

I could stop if I wanted to sschwartz85916's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by max.sabre
    I'm gonna pass that around my office, if ya don't mind. A bit too much like my workplace here. haha
    hahaha feel free to do so! i laugh EVERY time i look at it

Login to Give a bone

Many moons ago I worked for a company that did material handling conveyors (primarily coal mining). It was common to insert various blocks of a 6 ft human figure to next to the structures to get a sense of size and proportion and we had a bunch of them, various representations of men wearing hard hats, holding clipboards, with a pointing gesture, etc.

On one occasion, somebody modified the figure of a man standing at the head end of a conveyor so that he appeared to be urinating off the head pulley, and small drops of water were shown bouncing and cascading down the length of the inclined conveyor. "In house", it was pretty funny, but he forgot to erase it and prints were sent to the client still including the modified figure!

Actually, the client thought it was funny as well, and he called the owner to jokingly ask, "Hey, shouldn't we have a "moisture resistant" belt on that main loadout conveyor?" The owner, a VERY professional engineer had NO idea what he was talking about and replied, "There's no need for moisture protection, the material is dry, and the conveyor has hoods to protect against rain, so why would we add that expense?"

The client, (still VERY tongue-in-cheek) continued to ask, "Yeah, but what about that guy peeing down the belt???"

The owner pulled the original drawings to see what the heck the client was talking about and nearly had an aneurysm when he saw the added detail!

Now, as an "old school" engineer, you obviously didn't mess with his drawings in any way, and he threatened to fire the person with initials in "dwn by", "chkd by" and generally anybody who had even touched the drawing. His chief engineer persuaded him to let it go, (especially since the client apparently saw the humor it it) and nobody got fired, but we all learned a valuable lesson... If you're going to "add a funny", be DARNED sure you remove it before drawings left the office!

Login to Give a bone

In days of yore, I instructed an ESOL draftsman to copy the toilet room from the first floor to the second. I kept telling him he had to think and read the notes, etc. There was a wall hydrant at the end of the chase which he copied neatly to the second floor. On my next review, I marked up "provide ladder for wall hydrant at second floor" which naturally he copied verbatum onto the plans. During construction I got into a heated debate with the plumber about something or other that he said he wanted to get paid extra for, so I told him to give us a credit for the ladder.

Now on every project I add a spiritual message hidden in the floor elevation symbol, along with my name and the year I designed it.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I have done all kinds of funny things in AutoCAD drawings of plan view of streets and street maps. Of course, the cars on the road, usually fast sport cars. At the dead end of a street with aerial imagery was a cemetery. A project coordinator ticked me off and I put a few cross tombstones to note the cemetery. If you zoom in real close, you'll see his name on one of the cross tombstones. He has since found religion and changed his ways. Originally drawn in ink on Mylar and later vectorized by an outside company were two things. One, in an open area of a street map I put a herd of wild horses running across the acreage with their manes in the wind. The other was a piece of land in the city park like a small island and I put a guy with a beach chair sipping a mixed drink (with a tiny umbrella in the drink) sitting under a beach umbrella. On my own time as an experiment I traced Garfield the cat in AutoCAD and filled in his colors and later put him in a drawing. I put a small snapshot of Sylvester the cat in another project. In a set of plans for our utility to be installed to our city's hospital, I put a guy in casts in a hospital bed on the plans. The drawing is from the Internet, but the plans are only for "in house" for us, a permit, and for our contractor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456