Thread: AecCSurvey.arx cannot find dll???

Active Member Robert.Williams82344's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Question AecCSurvey.arx cannot find dll???

Hello again peoples I've got a problem I'm hoping someone else has encountered. I've been all day. I think it's just an installation problem, but I'm not quite ready to uninstall and reinstall all 5 components just yet. Here's what I'm running Autodesk Land Desktop 2005, Civil Design 2005, Civil 3D 2005, Survey 2005, and Raster 2005. My problem is in the Survey module, and I've already tried a repair on that component and it didn't make any difference.

First thing I did was opened a DWG that has a project association, then I loaded my Survey Menu Palette (Command: MSV). From there, every menu item that I click on (under Data Collection/Input) gives me this message:
    Code:
      C:\program files\land desktop 2005\land\AecCSurvey.arx cannot find a dll or 
    other file that it needs.
    ARXLOAD failed
    Command:  Unknown command "LDD".  Press F1 for help.
    If I try to load the program manually, I get this:
    Code:
    Command: arx
    Enter an option [?/Load/Unload/Commands/Options]: l
    C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2005\Land\AecCSurvey.arx cannot find a dll or 
    other file that it needs.
    AcRxDynamicLinker failed to load 'C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 
    2005\Land\AecCSurvey.arx'
    C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2005\acad.exe
    I'm hoping someone has run up against this.
    Thanks

RW
    (R14, 2002, 2005, 2006, WIN2K)

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. -- Charles Schultz

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AecCSurvey.arx cannot find dll???

A quick question. When 05 waas installed, was it installed for "All Users" or only your login? You may need some IT help to get the registry fixed. What you (or IT) will be looking for is the "Loader" setting for Survey in your registry. They may need to register the ARX file and loader in order to find all the dll files it is looking for. Also, there is a SPECIFIC order in which LDT and all the others need to be loadded \ installed in. Of course they don't tell you that, but if memory serves me correctly, I believe it is LDT, Civil, Survey, Raster, then Civil 3D. Not sure what else you have. But it would be best to check out the ADESK KB to make sure.

Active Member Robert.Williams82344's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help Mark,

Unfortunately, I am the IT department. Yes, it was installed for all users. I'm looking through the registry now, and I've found keys like AECC_IS_SURVEY_INSTALLED (YES), and I've found numerous LOADER keys, but not a single one refers to Survey or AecCSurvey.arx. I did, however, find that key for Survey 2003, which references a file path. The key for Survey 2005, just has the Program File name, but not the path.

I haven't changed any values, because I don't know what they are supposed to look like.

DISCLAIMER: Please people, if you have NO knowledge of the registry (or how it works), STAY OUT! Leave it to a trained IT professional. I have been working with the registry for almost 10 years now.
    Thanks

RW
    (R14, 2002, 2005, 2006, WIN2K)

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. -- Charles Schultz

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW.82344
    DISCLAIMER: Please people, if you have NO knowledge of the registry (or how it works), STAY OUT! Leave it to a trained IT professional. I have been working with the registry for almost 10 years now.

My Bad for not adding this in to the previous post. I wholeheartedly agree, PLEASE DO NOT mess with the registry unless you have a backup of it AND you REALLY know what you are doing.
    Robert, contact me in an IM package (your choice) and we can discuss what settings Survey is looking for.