Thread: Point Display

Login to Give a bone

Default Point Display

We ar e using R2004 LDD. I am wondering if there is a way to display points with point, description, and elevation on their own layers. The way is used to be in R14.
    Thank you

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Point Display

If you use the Softdesk point block you can. Once you get used to using the Point Object, I think you will like the new version. You can INSERT the points in multiple files and control what shows and how much easier. Or you can set up your layers PNT, DESC & ELEV then set each one current, go into point settings and turn OFF the other two feilds and insert the points, then repeat for each feild if you REALLY want them on thier own layer. I find it much easier to do a Quickselect and then go to Display Settings in the Right-click menu and turn what I want to show on and the others off. Or you can define a Point Label Style that will bring in the labels the way you want them. Yoou can even get LDT to do some minor calculations for you using this approach. Check out the Exchange for a submission regarding Point Label Styles. Or do a Search in the Land Forum for Point Label Styles and you will see what I mean. If you need any further assistance, feel free to PM me and I'll help.

Login to Give a bone

The reason I asked is we have a client that would like it that way. You say I can insert each point one time each on different layers? Would that create duplicate point conflicts in project? You mentioned defining a point label style, the literature at my disposal is in my opinion is very vague on this subject. could you give me a brief overview.
    thanks

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Morning Jim,

Check out this PDF in the Education section to get a grip on Points ( so to speak ). You can INSERT ( not IMPORT ) a point multiple times if needed and set the visibility of the attributes of each point seperately or you can define a Label style tha will put the info needed on one layer.
    http://http://www.augi.com/education...003/CV33-3.pdf There is also an option to use the Old Softdesk Points available, by creating a label style and setting the Insert Common Block to the POINT block. This is the old S8 point that your client is expecting to see.