Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titleblock margins don't print

Login to Give a bone

Default Titleblock margins don't print

I've been on Revit for sometime now, and the more I learn about the program, the better I believe it is. So, yay for Revit for being such a good design tool.

Now for the complaint:

I'm trying to print an A3 sheet on a Epson Stylus Color 3000 (which prints up to A2). The problem is that when I print the sheet one of the margins of the titleblock doesn't get printed, which, I believe, is strange, because the printer margins are 3 mm top, 5 mm left and right; 14 mm bottom (A4) and it has a max. print width of 410 mm. The thing is that margin only starts to show up if I make it 15mm.

I already tried to mess with the printer properties and settings before printing to no avail. Has anyone else had similiar problems and can help me?

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Titleblock margins don't print

As rude as it may seem to be bumping the thread I've already searched these foruns, revitcity and the oficial autocad foruns for any similiar problems and I have found nothing that helps me. If anyone can help me go ahead. I'm starting to get more desperate with the ink and paper that it's getting ruined in the process not to mention my deadlines... Please help...

I could stop if I wanted to Lashers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I faintly remember having this problem, if I remember correctly, I just moved the margin a mm at a time until it printed. I believe that if you put the margin on the exact allowance for the printer that it calculates the thickness of the first printed line, because revit lines have an in-built thickness, and then does the measure accross to the next point, so therefore the thickness forces the other side to be out.

Am I correct that it only happens on the sides that are in the main paper feed direction?

Thats my theory anyway. Hope it helps.

I could stop if I wanted to Lashers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

. . . . and there's more . . .

Try first to centre the drawing when printing (in the print setup dialog), the default it print from margin - which I believe exacerbates the problem.

May the force . .

Login to Give a bone

Also, try to make sure that, in your titleblock family, you don't have any ref planes or ref lines running outside of the borders. This leads to mysterious shifting of titleblocks.

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have had to accept limits & use a 15mm Margin as well

Would be interested in feedback on your printer though as it seems likely to be my next upgrade ~ ie quality / ease of use / set up / reliability etc

Login to Give a bone

First, thanks in advance for the help. I'm going to try it right now and I'll be back to tell you how it went. My net connection's been so very sh***** as of lately that as soon as I can get back I'll post the results of your suggestions.

Cheers.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Will the printer correctly print a PDF of the same size? If so, plot to PDF then print the PDF.
    Also, might want to draw a rectangle with an "x" and your mm marked off with text to help determine the limits of the Revit printer connection versus Adobe's.

Login to Give a bone

To answer your questions:

-this doesn't print correctly a PDF of the same size;

-I tried, out of curiosity to thin down the titleblock's lines to see if their thickness was what made it the margin of the titleblock like that, but, it isn't (unless I misunderstood Lasher's comment on this);

-no ref planes/lines in my titleblock.

Just as Lashers said I had previously tested to move the margin 1mm at a time until it printed and I get a minimum 15mm to start printing. If I try 16mm I already get zilch from that side, which happens.

"Am I correct that it only happens on the sides that are in the main paper feed direction?" - completely correct. It seems that what's happening to me is what happened to you... Perhaps I just have to accept this limitation from Revit. Another one... still, it's a great program, but it feels somewhat filled with bugs and unresolved issues the more you use it...

Roger, there's hardly enough I can tell you about the printer with Revit because I've just started to print with it with this program. All I can say is that if you're thinking about an upgrade perhaps you should think about an HP designjet 130nr. It's a hell lot more expensive, but I feel that the chance to print on A1 and not having it take as much space as a plotter kind of makes for the price. I do regret having picked up this printer... sigh...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pfrederico
    To answer your questions:

-this doesn't print correctly a PDF of the same size;
    Are you saying Adobe won't print a similar size image on this printer either?

Not Revit, but another program - Just trying to determine if the fault lies in the printer driver, or internal to Revit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast