Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dimension background plotting black

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension background plotting black

Quote Originally Posted by aaronw.90632
    Is there something in the PC3 file or other config file that you can think of or see that I should be aware of ???
    Hi

The obvious setting to check within the PC3 files initially is...

"Device and Document Settings" tab -> Graphics -> Merge Control should be set to "Lines Overwrite".

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Mike said:
    The obvious setting to check within the PC3 files initially is...
    "Device and Document Settings" tab -> Graphics -> Merge Control should be set to "Lines Overwrite".

Yea Mike, checked those. Tried both settings, no luck. A guy over at the swamp found some links though through google. I'm believing a bit more now that it is a driver issue. It's hard to believe that ALL 3 of my printers are doing the exact same thing. Completely different printers, different drivers.

I went a did an extensive search, both through the acad help files and online, ... have you ever tried to find something like this in the help files ??? What would you type in the search; Background, Dimension, Textmask, Transparency ... I tried for hours, couldn't find anything resembling the issue. I searched through just about every system variable and help file I could find.

But there is hope. I have found a couple different lisp files that I can integrate together and create a lisp that will textmask associative dimensions. Then perhaps I will mold my other masking programs and create an all encompassing, Fifty dollar winner at Hot tip Harry's.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it !!!

Login to Give a bone

I'm having the very same issue with both dimension background and background masking for MTEXT. I have AutoCAD 2006 and plotting with both a Xerox 8850 and HP 1055 and neither masking technique works with either plotter. I have "Line Overwrite" turned on, and still nothing. Has this issue been determined a driver issue, or is it still something within AutoCAD and/or the PC3 file for both plotters?

Also, I am using a HP/GL2 driver. Should I be using a HDI driver in order to make the masking work?

Thank you in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cpartin
    Also, I am using a HP/GL2 driver. Should I be using a HDI driver in order to make the masking work?
    Hi

Experiment, try it and see what results you obtain...

For what it is worth, we set-up our output devices at work using HDI drivers and experience no issues / problems with ( Text ) Masks or WipeOuts.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Dimension background plotting black

Hello
    I am introducing the mask command up here @ work. I am curious about masking dimensions.
    I also try to mask circles and I can only get the mask to become a box not a circle.
    Is this an AutoCAD 2007 LT problem? or Does this only work in the full version?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by KRISTIVETTE
    Hello
    I am introducing the mask command up here @ work. I am curious about masking dimensions.
    I also try to mask circles and I can only get the mask to become a box not a circle.
    Is this an AutoCAD 2007 LT problem? or Does this only work in the full version?
    Masks/Wipeout only work with straight segments. If you want to do a circle or arc, you would need to create several straight segments to represent the curvature of the arc or circle.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12