Thread: CUI and Mouse Buttons

Active Member tsbykatherine60220's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default CUI and Mouse Buttons

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with my CUI's. FYI, I'm just upgrading from 2002 to 2006. I've set the custom.cui and the MAIN, the office.cui is the ENTERPRISE and the acad.cui & express.cui are partial loads into the office.cui.

The problem I've got is that the buttons defined in the acad.cui are not working now. I don't have any mouse buttons defined in any CUI other than the acad.cui (which are the standard acad supplied ones). Does anyone have any experience with ths that might shed some light on what I've done wrong?

Thanks,
    Rick

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI and Mouse Buttons

Hi Rick

Please note that I have moved this thread from the AutoCAD Customization forum to this one. I believe it would be better served here.

Thanks

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

From what I understand is that AutoCAD will only find AUX buttons in the MAIN menu. You will need to place ACAD.CUI back down in the Main CUI or even just a menu that contains only the AUX menus. Then you need to modify the buttons accordingly to find the shortcut menus like Object Snap and Grips. This is a defect from my understanding, if I am understanding your problem correctly.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lee_ambrosius
    From what I understand is that AutoCAD will only find AUX buttons in the MAIN menu. You will need to place ACAD.CUI back down in the Main CUI or even just a menu that contains only the AUX menus. Then you need to modify the buttons accordingly to find the shortcut menus like Object Snap and Grips. This is a defect from my understanding, if I am understanding your problem correctly.
    Lee, mouse button modifications will work from the enterprise cui file. However, there is one repeatable defect with Shift+RClick if it is not in the main cui file. Since most people use that to bring up the Snap Menu, they see the bug quickly. However, in my experience, I had no issues with other key/button combos located only in the enterprise cui file. In fact, I'm currently running my normal mouse customizations with all mouse definitions only in the enterprise cui file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Glenn, thanks for moving the post....I hadn't seen the CUI forum until now .

Lee and Robert,

Is my understanding correct from the both of you that having the mouse button customizations defined in the acad.cui will not work. The following is how I've got it set up (as a reminder)..

MAIN CUI - custom (no partial loads)
    ENTERPRISE CUI - strc_common (partial loads include acad.cui and express.cui).

Most of my thought process regarding the CUI configuration has come from Robert Bell's post http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...sageID=4838060 (Notes on the philosophy of CUI).

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Login to Give a bone

Your setup should work with most mouse buttons. Shift+RClick would be an issue for you. The work-around, for now (it took me about 5-10 minutes to perform this):

Backup your files.
    Open the CUI Editor.
    Go to the Transfer tab.
    The right-hand pane should have a blank cui, which also includes the Mouse Buttons node.
    Display your strc_common.cui in the left pane.
    Transfer all your items from the original cui into the new one.
    Save the new cui file (to a name other than strc_common).
    Close AutoCAD.
    Copy the new file to your original name.

(I think I needed to rename the cui's group name also, but I did this 3 weeks ago, so the mind is hazy.)

Login to Give a bone

Robert,

Just did that about 5 minutes ago . It's a good work around, I can't help looking forward to see how this CUI interface will ease the updates from Autodesk. I've been going from release to release since r14 with no problems and this is supposed to make it even easier.....

Thanks guys for all the help!

Rick

Login to Give a bone

Argh!

So I copied the button items to my strc_common.cui from the acad.cui. Now I want to change the Shift+Click-Button 3 (Shift-Right Click) macro to something else (to pop up an image tile menu). I make the change and BAM! it changes it there and everywhere else that has the same Element ID (MM_0002). Any ideas on that response?

Thanks again,

Rick

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rpm
    Argh!

So I copied the button items to my strc_common.cui from the acad.cui. Now I want to change the Shift+Click-Button 3 (Shift-Right Click) macro to something else (to pop up an image tile menu). I make the change and BAM! it changes it there and everywhere else that has the same Element ID (MM_0002). Any ideas on that response?

Thanks again,

Rick
    rats! Nevermind, I forgot you need to create new command and then copy it up to replace the old one......

Rick

Login to Give a bone

That seems to be a common hiccup for many when first working the the CUI. If that command is reference in multiple places, you are affecting them all!