See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Linetype Merge

Login to Give a bone

Default Linetype Merge

Is there a linetype merge lisp out there? I know that there are filters. I think that the lisp would be faster.

Thank you,

Brad

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetype Merge

Quote Originally Posted by BCrouse View Post
    Is there a linetype merge lisp out there?
    What would a "linetype merge lisp" do?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

try the command JOIN

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Or OVERKILL perhaps?

What I'm unsure of is you refer to a linetype merge ... as rcmcswain asked ... what do you want it to do? Change lines to the same linetype? Change the linetypes to be something else? Select only lines of a certain linetype? etc?

Could you please be a bit more descriptive?

Login to Give a bone

One way to do a similar way would be using LAYTRANS. When run LAYTRANS command, you can load the drawing you opened, so it loads the same layers. Then press button 'Map same' So all the layers are mapped. Then on the left bottom, press button 'Settings' make sure all boxes are ticked, this is crucial so line types within blocks become really unused so you will be able to purge them after LAYTRANS. Click OK. Noe you can run -PURGE and purge the linetypes. The advantae of running -PURGE instead of PURGE, is that you don't have to wait to have all objects to be read.

Hope this helps.

I'm still having some trouble my self with some overbloated file size. I have checked for layer filters, I checked for anonymous blocks, I checked for Regapps, I checked for linetypes. I'm checking for DGN orphaned stuff but it keeps hanging Acad... and I still have a 24 mb drawing when it should be around 5mb, but it did loose about 2 mb.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    What would a "linetype merge lisp" do?
    a linetype merge command would allow user to merge unwanted embedded linetypes to preferred linetype,
    e.g. if an engineer, imports a block from a microstation drawing that has dgn linetypes and you want to convert all of them to a native acad layer, there is no existing selection to find embedded linetypes, only those visible via quick select.
    Would be better to have a linetype option (like there is with layername Rightclick menu) to select a linetype from the list and merge it into a native or preferred linetype

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Or OVERKILL perhaps?

What I'm unsure of is you refer to a linetype merge ... as rcmcswain asked ... what do you want it to do? Change lines to the same linetype? Change the linetypes to be something else? Select only lines of a certain linetype? etc?

Could you please be a bit more descriptive?
    a linetype merge command would allow user to merge unwanted embedded linetypes to preferred linetype,
    e.g. if an engineer, imports a block from a Microstation drawing that has dgn linetypes and you want to convert all of them to a native acad layer, there is no existing selection to find embedded linetypes, only those visible via quick select.
    Would be better to have a linetype option (like there is with layername Right-click menu) to select a linetype from the list and merge it into a native or preferred linetype