Thread: Stacked Walls

Login to Give a bone

Default Stacked Walls

Just wondering if anyone else is finding issues with stacked walls.

I have just been diving into stacked walls and I'm finding them quite useful.

The issue I have found to be most a pain so far is temp. dimensions.
    When I used to just use an exterior wall from main floor level to u/s of truss, temp. dim's worked seamlessly in the fact that I could just tap on an interior wall and it would snap to the core faces as I wanted.

Now when I have a stacked wall comprising of an 8" fnd. wall and a brick and wood stud wall stacked on top set from T.O. FOOTING to u/s of TRUSS I can't get the temp. dim. to snap to the exterior core face anymore even though I have the temp. snaps set to core faces. It only snaps to the center of the fnd. wall below of the stacked wall.

Another issue is when I attach a stacked wall to a roof in a gable situation at a location where I have a exterior brick and stud 11" wall and a brick and stud 9" wall adjacent and in line when I make the transition from house to garage. When I try to attach the two walls up to the gable
    one of the walls will show the fnd. material as well as the brick and stud, this does not happen when I have only the 11" or 9" attached by itself.

I do like the fact that the foundation walls are completed when I layout the main floor walls when using stacked walls.

I might have a few more but if anyone knows of the issues I have described I like to hear about them.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stacked Walls

That explains an issue I was having. The temp dimensions would not turn on. I couldn't figure out why. Thanks for the heads up.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stacked Walls

Quote Originally Posted by JTF
    Just wondering if anyone else is finding issues with stacked walls.

I have just been diving into stacked walls and I'm finding them quite useful.

The issue I have found to be most a pain so far is temp. dimensions.
    When I used to just use an exterior wall from main floor level to u/s of truss, temp. dim's worked seamlessly in the fact that I could just tap on an interior wall and it would snap to the core faces as I wanted.

Now when I have a stacked wall comprising of an 8" fnd. wall and a brick and wood stud wall stacked on top set from T.O. FOOTING to u/s of TRUSS I can't get the temp. dim. to snap to the exterior core face anymore even though I have the temp. snaps set to core faces. It only snaps to the center of the fnd. wall below of the stacked wall.

Another issue is when I attach a stacked wall to a roof in a gable situation at a location where I have a exterior brick and stud 11" wall and a brick and stud 9" wall adjacent and in line when I make the transition from house to garage. When I try to attach the two walls up to the gable
    one of the walls will show the fnd. material as well as the brick and stud, this does not happen when I have only the 11" or 9" attached by itself.

I do like the fact that the foundation walls are completed when I layout the main floor walls when using stacked walls.

I might have a few more but if anyone knows of the issues I have described I like to hear about them.

Thanks
    Send it to support.