I got these detailed steps in an e-mail from Robert Mencarini from Tech support. Now with everyone's help I won't have the Interior Designer complaining about my doors "looking like they take too much space out of the room"

Below are some steps for modifying an existing door family file and adding the Angle parameter:

1. Delete the 4 existing Panel [cut] lines representing the door panel.

2. Draw a Panel [cut] line at an angle (45 degrees is good), starting at the hinge side of the door jamb corner.

3. Constrain the end of the Panel [cut] line to the jamb (Pick the Align tool, select the wall edge/jamb (you may need to press the Tab key to prehighlight the correct line), then select the end point of the Panel [cut] line (press the Tab key until the end point prehighlights a small gray square), pick once to select it, then pick to lock the padlock icon). This constrains the swing point of the door.

4. Draw the other 3 Panel [cut] lines of the rectangle.

5. Make a 90 degree angular dimension between the lines representing the outside face of the door panel (long line) and the short line of the door panel. Pick the padlock that appears when the angle dimension is created to lock it.

6. Make a linear dimension between the long lines of the rectangle, label it with Thickness.

7. Make a similar dimension between the short lines; label with Width.

8. Make the angular dimension between outside line of the door panel and the center line of the wall; label as Angle (or what ever you want to call it).

The important things are to draw the first line at an angle, and to align it to the wall.