Thread: Time to introduce myself

Talking Time to introduce myself

Well I've been coming to this forum for a couple of days now and still haven't introduced my self. I'm sure some of you are wondering who the heck this weirdo is so here it goes. My name is Daniel. I'm 23 years old and married to a wonderful wife. I have now children or pets yet but hope to some day. I went to the worst school in the world known as ITT Tech and wasted $32,000 for it. I currently am a drafter for a structural engineering firm in Greenville SC and have been here for one year. I know I have a lot to learn so if anyone has anything that I should read or study to improve my CAD skills and help me to move up in the CAD world pass it along to me.

Default Re: Time to introduce myself

Hey there Daniel - welcome to the funny farm!

Ahh, ITT Tech...I have a funny story about them. When a rep from that school came into my hs drafting class (we're about the same age, so this was only about, oh, 7 years ago), he stood up there in his suit and tie looking all official-like (he must have been about 25 at the time), looked around the room and said "Good morning guys.......and, gal?" The guys wouldn't let me beat him up.

Anyway, welcome to AUGI - have fun poking around the various forums looking for answers and don't be shy about answering a few questions yourself. You'll find we're a fun, yet mostly harmless bunch.

See you back in CWC!
    I drink coffee for your protection.

Windows 7 | AutoCAD 2017 | Revit 2017

Quote Originally Posted by damon
    Well I've been coming to this forum for a couple of days now and still haven't introduced my self. I'm sure some of you are wondering who the heck this weirdo is so here it goes. My name is Daniel. I'm 23 years old and married to a wonderful wife. I have now children or pets yet but hope to some day. I went to the worst school in the world known as ITT Tech and wasted $32,000 for it. I currently am a drafter for a structural engineering firm in Greenville SC and have been here for one year. I know I have a lot to learn so if anyone has anything that I should read or study to improve my CAD skills and help me to move up in the CAD world pass it along to me.
    Welcome Daniel. You have found the best place in the world for AutoCAD help, and for fun, friendly banter. The weirder you are, the better you'll fit in around here, I think

We have forums to cover just about anything you need to know, and CWC for everything else (including the thing you really didn't want to know).

If you haven't already, I might suggest you check out the Forum Guidelines, found here. Nothing too difficult, but it doesn't hurt to become familiar with them.

In the meantime, look around, have a coffee or and we hope you enjoy your stay here

Quote Originally Posted by jleamy
    Hey there Daniel - welcome to the funny farm!

Ahh, ITT Tech...I have a funny story about them. When a rep from that school came into my hs drafting class (we're about the same age, so this was only about, oh, 7 years ago), he stood up there in his suit and tie looking all official-like (he must have been about 25 at the time), looked around the room and said "Good morning guys.......and, gal?" The guys wouldn't let me beat him up.

Anyway, welcome to AUGI - have fun poking around the various forums looking for answers and don't be shy about answering a few questions yourself. You'll find we're a fun, yet mostly harmless bunch.

See you back in CWC!
    Tread into CWC with care. Some of the gals can be a little diva-like

Welcome to AUGI! If you have any questions about the forums, this is a great place to post them.

Also, you mentioned you were looking for stuff to read up on... Be sure to read Hot News & Augi world pubs since they contain a wealth of info. You can also look at the back issues since they are posted here on augi in pdf format. Look for the word Publications at the top & the Education link at the top has some great classes in there.

Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

I could stop if I wanted to Ron Oldenbeuving's Avatar

You said all the right things, ie, wierdo. Welcome home. Kick back and relax, you may find yourself here far longer than you ever expected. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Welcome to AUGI, Damon. It is absolutely amazing the vast amount of knowledge and information that can be found in here - I for one couldn't do without it...

Then when its time to relax, there's always something going on inside CWC... welcome aboard
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional