Thread: Nudge

Login to Give a bone

When you select and move something Revit has a lag before it starts to move. Is this a snap setting or just to protect me from moving things accidentally. Regardless of why, how do I turn it of, or, is there a nudge tool that I can use for making small adjustments. This only applies to none building elements, ie, the .jpg I have as an underlay, a room tag that I need to be able to read better, or a note that runs into something else.

Also what is this delayed move feature properly called?

Thanks

(one day I'll have answeres too, today just questions )

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nudge

When dragging you must move around 0.25" in screen distance before it starts moving. The reason is to prevent things from accidentally getting dragged when you were only trying to select them. There is no way to turn this off. However, here are some things you can do:
    1) Move the cursor far enough that the object starts moving and then move back. The ghost image shows you where it used to be. Note, if it snaps to the original location you can turn that off by typing SO.
    2) Zoom in. The tolerance is measured in screen distance, so as soon as you zoom in far enough that the distance you want to move exceeds the tolerance it will work OK.
    3) Use the Move command instead of dragging. It uses a smaller tolerance (since there is no risk of accidentally moving something).
    4) In the case of a room tag, if you first select it and then drag the drag control -- it doesn't use any tolerance.

I could stop if I wanted to ita's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nudge

irwin, thanks forthe explantion. It hasn't been a problem but it is always helpful to know what the reasons are behind such a feasture. Then on those occassions when it does become frustrating, the "know" kicks in and the frustration goes . . . well most times anyway!!

It may well be helpful for a section in zoogdesign to contain a selection of such explanations as they provide a better understanding of the processes of Revit. Moderators??