Thread: Internal Error

Login to Give a bone

Default Internal Error

Hello Guys,
    I am trying to open one of the file using the Autocad Map 2004 environment. While opening the file I am getting an error "Internal Error: !dbutil.cpp@716". After this Autocad crashes. I have tried opening this same file with the ObjectDBX interface from VB6 and there were no problems. As soon as I try to activate the drawing I get the same error. The reason maybe that ObjectDBX does not actually open the file in the graphic mode. Anyway, is there a way that I can trap the Autocad errors using VB6 , like is there any event like on_documentopen where I can trap the errors and prevent Autocad from crashing.

I would appreciate any hint/help.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Raj.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Internal Error

Have you tried to open the file in Map just using the File menu? Have you traced execution to find out exactly which line of code causes the error?
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

I have tried opening it using the Map, a dialog box appears with a heading "Autocad Error Aborting" and the display string is "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbutil.cpp@716". I am assuming that the application is failing at line 716 in dbutil.cpp. Is there a way to check if the file is corrupt without opening the drawing or is there a way to trap the Autocad errors?

Thanks,
    Raj

Login to Give a bone

Rather than the arx being corrupt, your dwg is probably corrupt. Try the RECOVER command.

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

I also think that the file is corrupt. But is there a way to check if the file is corrupt and report it. Like is there something in the drawing header or somewhere that it tags the file as corrupt. Is there a way using VBA or VB6 to read that information and report.

Any help would be appreciated. I am quite new to Autocad programming and I appreciate your time.

Thanks,
    Raj

Login to Give a bone

You could attempt to open it and trap for the error and handle it by either ignoring that file and go to the next one or alerting the user, depending on your program's flow of logic. Download the class on error handling from the archived ATP classes.

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Internal Error

Hello Ed,
    Apparently the problem is solved. This is what I did, after the Autocad application was initialized from the VB6 subroutine, I turned off all the menus. After that I proceeded with my process. There was no error. Well then I opened the same drawing by double clicking it and still no error. Then I tried and invoked one toolbar at and time, usually the one that are visible and found out that the problem was with the "Properties" tool bar. As soon as I made it visible the error poped up and Autocad crashed. Maybe this is an isolated case, but this how it had stopped causing the crash.

I am not certain about the reason, but that solved the problem.
    If you could verify this , I would appreciate it.

Thanks for you help.

Best Regards,
    Raj

Login to Give a bone

What made you suspect a problem with toolbars?

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

I added a "for loop" in my code that turned off all the tool bars. After that I executed the rest of the code and there was no error. So as to check my theory that the tool bars were the problems, I started making one tool bar at a time visible ( View --> Toolbars and then the toolbars tab from the dialog box) and close the Toolbar customize dialog box. After I had set the "Properties" toolbar on and closed the Customize dialog, there, the error dialog box appeared and Autocad session was terminated. I am attaching the file that I was working on. The property toolbar does not exist. Please try it and let me know if you see the same results. If not, then there is something fishy about my installation.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
    Raj.
    Attached Files Attached Files