Thread: FG elevations at Alignment CL

Login to Give a bone

Question FG elevations at Alignment CL

Hi every one
    Please help me in fixing the following
    1.How do you assign the finish grade elev's from Profile to Alignment layout plan along with station?
    2. Is there anyway to shift the elevations and stations in profile view which are falling on the frame of bands at starting and ending?

Thanks in advance
    Siddiq

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FG elevations at Alignment CL

Hi Siddiq,
    1. You can create custom label styles to display a lot of different things, like station, offset, coordinates... I don't recall seeing alignment elevation, but someone else might have done this.

2. When you select a label, there should be two grips - one at the insert point, and one for the text. if you click one the text grip you should be able to move it manually. You may need to customise the label display if the dragged text looks different from the original. Otherwise, you can modify the default position of the label for that style, which should change all the labels at once.

Sorry I can't be more specific; I haven't use C3D for a while.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your input Stephen
    There is a way in LDD to assign proposed elevations to s specific range of stations or the full alignment, under menu "profiles/ FG Vertical Alignments/Create COGO Points" I am looking for the same one in C3D, as u said stations, offset and coordinates can be assigned not proposed elevations but I think that it can be done once u have made corridor surface then goto "Corridors/Export/Corridor Points as COGO points", It is a long process for a simple task.

For the answer no.2 I could not select the individual text in profile view bands, it selects the full profile view. I run C3D-2006 , How could you select and move yours.

Login to Give a bone

Okay, I've been of no use at all.
    I was thinking of alignment labels, which are different from cogo points in a way I don't understand, and you can add things like instantaneous direction and design speed, but not profile elevation. Seems odd, but it looks like it has been written into the program.

I didn't realise you were talking about moving text in the profile view. My mistake. I don't know how to dothis either.

Someone else may have a workaround or solution for either of these problems.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by siddiqq8
    . . . 2. Is there anyway to shift the elevations and stations in profile view which are falling on the frame of bands at starting and ending?
    I think you can specify the range of your profile band beyond the ends of the alignment and thus allow the program to place the elevations so they are visible.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks both of you for the clues, finally it worked
    I moved the Band title box 5mm to the left , so we will get the gap of 5mm between the two borders and align the label to bottom right. that's all.
    One more thing you cannot adjust the alignment of the band border horizontally but you can switch it off in the display.

Thanks once again
    Siddiq