Thread: Dimension Input

I could stop if I wanted to scwegner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Dimension Input

I didn't see anything about this yet, and I just started playing with 2006 so forgive me if it's been covered, but is anyone else having major trouble with the dimensional inputs?

Whenever I try to grip edit, for example, and tab through to a different dimensional input box, it lags so badly that it looks like I'm entering the number in one box but acts as if it was entered in another. It works fine if I go real slow.

Also, if I'm trying to stretch a grip with it locked into a polar angle and then hit tab to enter the dimension, it pops out of the polar angle.

The idea of adding dimension input seemed great when I first tried it but now it seems to just get in the way.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension Input

Dynamic Input (the correct term for what you are describing, I believe) seems to have this trouble on some computers. My lag is not nearly so bad. Have you updated video drivers?

I could stop if I wanted to scwegner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension Input

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB
    Dynamic Input (the correct term for what you are describing, I believe) seems to have this trouble on some computers. My lag is not nearly so bad. Have you updated video drivers?
    I saw threads where people were talking about lags in dynamic input as far as entering commands, but I'm talking specifically about dimension input as a subset of dynamic input. While I could make it mess up with the dynamic prompt if I really tried to type as fast as possible, that was not generally a problem for me. I'm only having trouble with the dimension input, which leads me to think that it wouldn't be the drivers. I'm working with a 1.8 GHz Xeon and NVIDEA Quadro4 700 XGL with updated drivers.