Thread: eTransmit

Login to Give a bone

Question eTransmit

Just wondering how many people use eTransmit, I've used it in the past and its great for making sure my subs get all the information they could possibly need. It just seems to be one of the tools that I forget is there, and can't get into the habit of using. Any feedback is appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: eTransmit

I use eTransmit all the time. Not only for sending to other people, but I use to use it to archive projects. I would have it bind all xrefs and place them in one folder. Now I use the SSM for that.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: eTransmit

Quote Originally Posted by BARRETTDD
    Just wondering how many people use eTransmit, I've used it in the past and its great for making sure my subs get all the information they could possibly need. It just seems to be one of the tools that I forget is there, and can't get into the habit of using. Any feedback is appreciated.
    I use it constantly. especially the part of having the files saved down to a previous version, a 2nd for best part of that would be the automatic binding of x-refs (if so set)
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

I could stop if I wanted to michael.12445's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: eTransmit

We're on 2002. In that release, Etransmit is all but useless. It takes forever and causes AutoCAD to crash if the drawing has any data it doesn't like (example: an image file that was attached and then erased, but never detached). Therefore we use the PackNGo Express Tool from 2000/2000i.

However, I've had the opportunity to try out 2005 and 2006, and I see that in those releases Etransmit is vastly improved. We'll be moving to 2006 sometime in the fall, so we'll be able to take advantage of a properly working Etransmit then.

As all of our consultants are out-of-house, we have to use this type of tool all the time.

Michael Evans

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: eTransmit

Quote Originally Posted by gpope
    I use eTransmit all the time. Not only for sending to other people, but I use to use it to archive projects. I would have it bind all xrefs and place them in one folder. Now I use the SSM for that.
    Just another reason to love SSM, thanks!