Thread: point code descriptions

Login to Give a bone

Default point code descriptions

I've received alot of help from this forum, so I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I have an autolisp routine that converts survey points to text that shows a station, an offset, and a description. The problem I'm encountering is that I am missing the coding that links our survey points (which are whole numbers ie - 5, 20, etc) to the descriptions (ie - tree, fire hydrant, etc.). In the lisp routine that I have, the file that contains the coding between points and descriptions is named topocode.001. I do not have this file. I have point codes and descriptions, so I need to know how this coding file is to be written that links the points and descriptions. If anyone could help with this, I'd appreciate it.

I've attached a screen print in Microsoft Word 2003 format that shows the lisp routine I'm working with and the missing topocode.001 file that links the point code descriptions.

Thanks,
    James Swick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: point code descriptions

Save the topocode.001 file such that the first character of each line starts with the code and the eleventh character of each line begins the description.