See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended desktops for Revit

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Recommended desktops for Revit

Quote Originally Posted by muttlieb
    Blads,

What brand is the Quadro card you've got? And what driver version are you using?
    Brand = ATI

driver version = 7.1.8.4

video bios version = 5.43.02.18.07

otherwise refer to screen shot

hope that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Blads,

Thanks for the info, but ATI can't be the manufacturer of the card. As you noted, your graphics card contains the nVidia Quadro FX 540. The Quadro FX line of graphics processors is manufactured by nVidia, and the Quadro line is available through hardware partners such as Dell, HP, PNY, Leadtek, and Elsa. ATI is the other major manufacturer of graphics processors, such as the FireGL and Radeon line of cards. So ATI and nVidia are competitors. Sorry to get nit picky about this, I only ask about the manufacturer of the card and other details because several people have been having problems with different manufacturers of the Quadro line. I just ordered a PNY Quadro FX 540 card for myself, and I'm hoping it will work fine. Since yours seems to be working well, it would be nice to know exactly the manufacturer of the card. You might try right-clicking My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Properties to find the manufacturer of the card. Or maybe try that 'nVidia information' button on that screen shot you posted? Thanks.
    Last edited by muttlieb; 2005-09-24 at 05:11 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Blads,

Thanks for the info, but ATI can't be the manufacturer of the card. As you noted, your graphics card contains the nVidia Quadro FX 540. The Quadro FX line of graphics processors is manufactured by nVidia, and the Quadro line is available through hardware partners such as Dell, HP, PNY, Leadtek, and Elsa. ATI is the other major manufacturer of graphics processors, such as the FireGL and Radeon line of cards. So ATI and nVidia are competitors. Sorry to get nit picky about this, I only ask about the manufacturer of the card and other details because several people have been having problems with different manufacturers of the Quadro line. I just ordered a PNY Quadro FX 540 card for myself, and I'm hoping it will work fine. Since yours seems to be working well, it would be nice to know exactly the manufacturer of the card. You might try right-clicking My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Properties to find the manufacturer of the card. Or maybe try that 'nVidia information' button on that screen shot you posted? Thanks.
    Muttlieb

sorry for confusion...at the time I was getting various quotes on video cards and got one for an ATI FireGL and promptly went into , so I picked the second option listed NVIDIA Quadro FX540. As that's all it listed, I assumed it was by the same manufacturer.

I researched your two options and both yeilded the same results... zip. Best I could do, is contact my supplier on Monday and hope he can supply the manufacturer's name & I'll report back later...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Blads,

Thanks for trying to track down the maker of the card. The Quadro FX 540 'should' work with Revit. Since there have been reported problems with some brands of the 540, it would be great to know which brands are working. Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Blads,

Thanks for trying to track down the maker of the card. The Quadro FX 540 'should' work with Revit. Since there have been reported problems with some brands of the 540, it would be great to know which brands are working. Thanks.
    As best as I can asertain, the video card came from a supplier called Xenon Systems Pty Ltd.

Their product code is : VGA.WE.RET.034
    The invoice description is : NVIDIA Quadro FX540 PCIe 128mb Professional Graphic Card.

A contact there is : dragan.dimitrovici@xenon.com.au

HTH
    Cheers @blads

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hmm -- not something we're likely to be able to get over here in North America!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I'd be very surprised if it's a card that you can't get locally. N.America is a significantly larger market than AUS. It might not have the same brand name as in AUS but I'm sure it will be available.

Guy

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Macaulay
    Well I could be wrong, but chances are they don't actually make the card but re-badge it under their "own" name. If you or anybody else for that matter email them, they may tell you whose card it is or was or an equivalent "clone"

Otherwise you just pay for frieght... the exchange rate is pretty good in the US>
    Cheers @blads

I could stop if I wanted to MartyC's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi everyone.

AN URGENT QUESTION??

I am sitting in front of a new Sapphire ATI Radeon X800GT 256mb PCi-e wondering whether this is going to work in the new stonkin PC I'm building. Came highly recommended from everyone other than Revit users. Price is good, helped pay for loads of DDR2 ram.

Is this card going to work with Revit openGL HWacc????

Anyone have any experience of this card??

Urgent info would be good, pleeease.

Thanks and CheersM

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don't know. I have heard of Sapphire cards before -- but they're not too well known in these parts. And it looks like this is a gaming card, so hard to say if it's going to be compatible with OpenGL in Revit.

If you can exchange the card, go for it... get the card and test it -- or bring your Revit 8.1/8.0 CD and try installing it in their shop. For maximum performance, test it with OpenGL on and overlay planes off.

Keep us posted!
    Last edited by Wes Macaulay; 2005-09-27 at 03:41 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast