Thread: Door Schedule and Door that are in Pairs

Login to Give a bone

Question Door Schedule and Door that are in Pairs

I am having a difficult time getting my door schedule to recognize doors that are in pairs. If I have a double door that is made up of two 3'-0"x7'-2"x1 3/4" doors I would like the door scheduled to display the information as 2 - 3'-0"x7'-2"x1 3/4" Is there a way to do this?

Also, I have doors that are made up of one leaf that is 3'-0"x7'-2"x1 3/4" and the other leaf is 1'-6"x7'-2"x1 3/4". How would I get the schedule to read this and display it properly? This would have to be two lines showing each size door leaf but I can only get the schedule to read the entire opening and not the two separately.

Any help on what I am doing wrong?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Door Schedule and Door that are in Pairs

For the double door issue, you could use a single double door object and add a custom block in the display properties, but it will then schedule it as a single door. If you want the builder to build 2 doors side by side, then perhaps you should draw and schedule it as such.

Login to Give a bone

I have just been struggling with hanging doors and saw the answer to one of your problems.

For the uneven door, go to Format/Style Manager/Arch Objects/Doors and create a new door. Under design rules you can select an uneven door style. Next go to standard sizes and set up the ones you may need for the project. Check out the other details and then insert this new door into the plan. Under properties you can see the standard sizes available for you to select.

If you figure out how to get the schedule to display a double door as 2-3'0" x 7'-0" post it here for us to see.

Good luck.

Login to Give a bone

Here is the door schedule that we use in this office. This is a working project and the ? will be filled in as the project progresses. But we were able to get the double doors to schedule properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

This is what I found. 1st make sure that the door has "door property sets" attached to it by selecting the door and looking at it's properties. Notice under property sets that there is a automatic field for "doorsize" indicating width and height which is different from seperate width and height fields.

This field will show a double door as PR 36x84 or whatever size it is. To get this to show in the door schedule open the pallate with the door schedule, right click it and select "schedule table styles". From here you can see the fields in the prototype door schedule. These can be modified, deleted or or new ones inserted. Under the heading "Door Size" you can delete the individual "height" and "width" fields and insert the new field "doorsize" which will now show door sizes in one cell, but more importantly for you show a double door as a pair. Don't know if you can get it to change "PR" to "2-". You might have to muddle around a bit.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by cdoucet; 2005-09-21 at 08:46 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I was having this problem and this is what I did:

In the DoorObjects property sets, there was a automatic property for door size (Door Size - WxHxT). If you delete that property set, you can replace it with Door Size - PR WxHxT. Then you have to go to your schedule and make sure that the door size column is looking at the Door Size - PR WxHxT property.

It will show single doors normal (WxHxT), and put the PR before the wxhxt for the double doors. We also had a triple sliding door. Using this new property set the schedule showed it as 3 @ WxHxT.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

In standard sizes set the name to the way you what it to display in your schedule. then and the standard size properly to your schedule table. This dose two things one if the door is not set to a standard size the table show NA. Two you get the to display the door as 2- 3/0. We use this on all are door and windows.