Thread: opening drawings in land desktop

Login to Give a bone

Default opening drawings in land desktop

Good Morning,

It would be nice to see improvement to the open drawing: project based window. For the amount of drawings/projects that get worked on in our office, the list under "project path" gets lengthy. When you go to open a different project, you have to scroll through the list to find the project path needed. What should be improved, is to have the listing under "project path" be displayed in numerical/alphabetical order. I am sure it would make life a litter easier.

Thanks,
    348Patterson

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: opening drawings in land desktop

Do you really have a lot of paths?

You don't need one project path for every project, you know... We only have two - one for current (active) projects, and the other for archived (cold) projects. Usually, I'm only ever using the Current Projects path, and rarely change the project path. All the projects inside the "Project Name" dropdown ARE alphabatized, so it works rather well.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Same here we only have one path. We stick all our database files under on directory name by project name. We don't stick them in with drawing files.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You can always create a filter to only show the projects that you are working on right in the Project Manager. Or, what we do here, is to Map a top level folder (Project Number) to a specific drive letter and then set our project up under that. It can be a bit of a pain to remap the project folder when you change projects, but it does help keep the list short!

I could stop if I wanted to LanceMcHatton's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by 348PATTERSON
    Good Morning,

It would be nice to see improvement to the open drawing: project based window. For the amount of drawings/projects that get worked on in our office, the list under "project path" gets lengthy. When you go to open a different project, you have to scroll through the list to find the project path needed. What should be improved, is to have the listing under "project path" be displayed in numerical/alphabetical order. I am sure it would make life a litter easier.

Thanks,
    348Patterson
    I agree. I understand that people organize projects differently but what would it hurt to show the list in alphanumerical order?

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

If you use definitions or keywords when you create a project ( Like the actual project name ....say I have a project number 059-07 and I give it a keyword of Cielo Grande) I can quickly filter out all of my projects by setting the filter in the project manager and then the only project that shows up is the ONE that I am looking for. See the attached screen shots for pics. This would mean that you would need to define your keyword(s) for your projects at some time. You can do this even after you have opened and worked on the project by going into the project manager and clicking on the Project Details button and adding your keyword(s) You can add more than one, but the filter only sees one word at a time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MHultgren; 2005-09-22 at 11:16 PM.