Thread: OLE object originally from Office XP is now cropped in AutoCAD (with Office 2003)

Login to Give a bone

Default OLE object originally from Office XP is now cropped in AutoCAD (with Office 2003)

I have some AutoCAD files that uses OLE objects originally created from a Microsoft word document using windows XP office. All looked and plotted fine;
    I recently got a new computer that uses the windows 2003 office. Know when I open the cad files that contain the OLE objects (word documents), the OLE images are cropped off on the right side. I can open the word document within AutoCAD by double clicking and the word document looks fine, same page setup as originally created, then when I close word to go back to the cad file, the OLE is still cropped on the right side. The OLE object is the same size as originally created, it's just the image is shown wider than before.
    Know, when I go back and open the same file on my computer with the XP office, all looks and plots fine.

Are there any known bugs between word for XP office and word for office 2003 that would affect the OLE objects in AutoCAD?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: OLE object originally from Office XP is now cropped in AutoCAD (with Office 2003)

Hi

Within Office 2003 what happens if you reset the "Print Area" of the document (might want to "Clear Print" area first)?

PullDownMenu: File -> Print Area -> Set Print Area

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: OLE object originally from Office XP is now cropped in AutoCAD (with Office 2003)

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the reply, The OLE object I used is a Word document, actually a table from word. The set print area pertains to an Excel document. I used a word table because AutoCAD has a limitation on the size of a spreadsheet it will allow (I'm not sure if this has changed in 2006?).

Steve

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: OLE object originally from Office XP is now cropped in AutoCAD (with Office 2003)

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by SCROSLEY
    Thanks for the reply, The OLE object I used is a Word document, actually a table from word.
    sorry I missed that first time around...

Quote Originally Posted by SCROSLEY
    The set print area pertains to an Excel document. I used a word table because AutoCAD has a limitation on the size of a spreadsheet it will allow (I'm not sure if this has changed in 2006?).
    Have you seen, read the following thread in the AutoCAD FAQ forum...

Working with OLE (eg Excel) Objects within a drawing file

Have a good one, Mike