Thread: Maximum paper size from ACAD to HP Designjet

I could stop if I wanted to Haden's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Maximum paper size from ACAD to HP Designjet

Has anyone bumped up against the "corner of the envelope" on maximum paper length on an HP roll plotter? We have an elevation drawing which will be 12' long at 1/2" scale that we would like to plot, but I'm not sure if it's a waste of time to attempt it. I seem to remember a limit at or around 10', but don't know if that was specific to the plotter device, or if there is an AutoCAD limit.

(We are using AutoCAD 2006, and an HP Designjet 800, 42" wide roll plotter.)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Maximum paper size from ACAD to HP Designjet

Quote Originally Posted by hadens
    Has anyone bumped up against the "corner of the envelope" on maximum paper length on an HP roll plotter? We have an elevation drawing which will be 12' long at 1/2" scale that we would like to plot, but I'm not sure if it's a waste of time to attempt it. I seem to remember a limit at or around 10', but don't know if that was specific to the plotter device, or if there is an AutoCAD limit.

On the HP site, the maximum plot length is 150 ft. I am not familiar with that model and do not print that long of a plot, therfore I can not verify that information.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hi Haden

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by hadens

We have a specialized sign in our lobby of our company logo. The cut sheet from the manufacturer was a little over 12 feet long. No problem on our HP1050c. Keep in mind that most paper rolls are 'only' 150 feet long.