Thread: Revit User Group: Toronto?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Revit User Group: Toronto?

Hi, I am looking to move to Toronto, Ontario and would like to know if there is a Revit user group for this area. I would just like to chat with some of the locals to get to know some fellow Revit users in the area. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit User Group: Toronto?

Why would you want to move to Toronto? Vancouver is a hotbed of Revit users, and our city didn't fall off the back of a truck

Login to Give a bone

Now, now, as a former Toronto resident I can state with authority that It didn't fall off the back of a truck, it was pushed.

Login to Give a bone

fionawiley,

We are starting to see more general use of Revit in the Toronto Area. I have been using Revit since version 3.0 and for the longest time I think was the only user in the Toronto Area. Now some of the larger firms are starting to utilize the software. I believe KPMB has 6 or 7 licenses, Ziedler has 16 licenses and the IBI Group has started to implement the software. As far as I no there is no local user group but now that there appears to be enough users perhaps there should be?

Autodesk Revit Support
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Revit User Group: Toronto?

It's good to know that KPMB is using Revit! In fact, back in the 90s when I was in my fourth year at McGill architecture, Marianne McKenna and Mitchell Hall was invited as our visiting professors for one of the final year project. I still remember that they wanted us to team up in a 4 persons group so that 1 person was responsible for plan, 1 for elevation, 1 for section, 1 for massing, so that four students can learn how to coordinate together and think of a building as an "ensemble".

But now with Revit, 1 person can do it ALL. I wish I had Revit back in my old school time!!!!

Cheers

Wai Chu
    (former Montreal resident)
    Autodesk Client Support Architect - Revit
    Last edited by wai.chu; 2004-11-16 at 10:55 PM.