Thread: Adding Layer Lineweights

Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Layer Lineweights

Can somebody help me with an existing program that was created by somebody who is no longer here. I need the attached .dvb file to read the associated lineweight columns in the zipped .csv file.

It is currently set up to read/create the layer name, color and linetype within the .csv file depending on the phase that is selected. I simply need to add the lineweight column(s) to the layer properties depending on on phase the user selects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aalderete; 2005-10-28 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Reattached unlocked .dvb.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Layer Lineweights

Kind of difficult to help you out if you don't give out the password for the dvb....unless that's your problem, in which case no one will unless you can supply proof of ownership. To hack into it otherwise is illegal

Login to Give a bone

Sorry about that, I thought I had disabled the password. I uploaded a new dvb with no password (I think). Please try again...

Login to Give a bone

I looked through your code - and although I cannot run it (setting are not correct on my machine - nor do I have some of you general configurations).

It would be helpful to see some screen shots of the program in action so that I could see what information is contained within the forms too.

But...looking at the .CSV file...

First you need to change the .CSV file so that the pen weights are integer values, such as 0.18 = 18 etc. The .lineweight is an enumerated value so it must be feed an integer. Do this for the columns Demo, Exst, Fut, New

Not knowing what the form contains, you may need to edit your list box to ADD the .lineweight field also.

Then read that column value into your program my guess is that it is within the Sub pro_ReadFile(arg_Fil)

Your code has the following set up for the layers lay_Itm = all the layers in the current drawing.

Once you have the field for lineweight read in, you can simply set the lineweight with a command like: lay_Itm.lineweight=sLW (where sLW is the value read from the .CSV file).

Overall this can be done, but it will take some editing and testing.

I'd be willing to assist you, but you will be the only one able to run and test...does that work for you?