Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turn off the (I'll call it) "error reporting" that flashes back to the command line

Login to Give a bone

Cool Turn off the (I'll call it) "error reporting" that flashes back to the command line

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone here, who has assisted me with the creation of my "Masterpiece." I have yet another question, and am hopeful that the experts here can, and will help me again. Here goes...

In my "Masterpiece" I have turned off the command line echo in my code, by using:

(setvar "cmdecho" 0)

This is so everything being processed doesn't show at the command line.

My question is this... How can I turn off the (I'll call it) "error reporting" that flashes back to the command line when I run my "Masterpiece?" An example of this would be like this:

No unreferenced text styles found.
    No unreferenced shape files found.
    No unreferenced dimension styles found.
    No unreferenced mlinestyles found.
    No unreferenced plotstyles found.
    No unreferenced table styles found.
    No unreferenced blocks found.
    No unreferenced layers found.
    No unreferenced linetypes found.
    Cannot freeze layer "0". It is the CURRENT layer.
    No matching layer names found.

It shows multiple lines of most of these, I have just shown them once here. I have in the code, things such as layer names that may not be in the particular drawing I am running my code on.

How can I tell AutoCAD (in my code) to not display this stuff. Also, if I am able to turn this "error reporting" off, how do I turn it back on at the end of the routine?

Thanks in advance!

Don

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Turn off the (I'll call it) "error reporting" that flashes back to the command line

Look at "nomutt". But if you use that, then make sure that you turn it back on.

Tim

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Turn off the (I'll call it) "error reporting" that flashes back to the command line

It doesn't seem to have any effect... What would the usage look like in my code?

Don

Login to Give a bone

to suppress message displays
    Code:
    (setvar "nomutt" 1)
    to enable message displays
    Code:
    (setvar "nomutt" 0)
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I tried that. Does it matter where I put it in the code?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dfuehrer
    I tried that. Does it matter where I put it in the code?
    You need to turn it off (suppress) before the step you want to suppress. Then turn it back on at the end of what you want to suppress. It should not make any difference on the location before or after.

This may not do what you want it to do, either.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I think you are correct. I seem to barking up the wrong tree...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

If that doesn't work, then, if you really want to get rid of that stuff, maybe you should use ActiveX features, and code it yourself. I don't know what your code is or does, so this is just a guess at what you might be able to do to solve it.

Tim

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Don,
    Looking back through your code (I didn't really look at it before beyond the problem area) I see you use the Purge command multiple times. AFAIK there is NO way to suppress the output from the Purge command. You CAN, however, convert all of your (command) calls to pure lisp versions. This will take some time to figure out and debug, but it will be a great learning experience for you.

Hint: Create a helper function that can be called multiple times, rather than rewriting the same code for each item you want to "purge".

If you want help in this direction, just say so....

Jeff

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by miff
    Hi Don,
    Looking back through your code (I didn't really look at it before beyond the problem area) I see you use the Purge command multiple times. AFAIK there is NO way to suppress the output from the Purge command. You CAN, however, convert all of your (command) calls to pure lisp versions. This will take some time to figure out and debug, but it will be a great learning experience for you.

Hint: Create a helper function that can be called multiple times, rather than rewriting the same code for each item you want to "purge".

If you want help in this direction, just say so....

Jeff
    Jeff, I guess you are thinking modular so the helper functions could be reused for other routines in the future. Good Idea.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast