Hey guys,

I have read countless threads concerning all of the keynoting issues, and ways to create keynotes that refer back to a type catalog and all of that good stuff. So I understand how to do that and have actually created that family and have a small type catalog going. I keep hearing the term "ConDoc". I don't exactly know what this refers to. Obviously it is a format or tool contain the CSI categories or something similar, but did this come with Acad or something I am strictly a Revit user and have very little experience with AutoCAD, so if it is related to that somehow, that's why I don't know about it. I understand the CSI system real well as I am a GC and read through that stuff all day long....I have never created my own specifications before. I have done a lot of research on the spec writing tools that are out there, and we are interested however the drawing jobs we do right now do not warrant specs...but it is planned for the future. My questions is....I would really like to create a keynote system based off of the CSI codes. I was wondering if there is a digital format of the CSI structure that can be modified on? I am willing to put the CSI format into Access or something similar to create it if it's not out there, but I would like to know the best place to start. Obviously most of you have your office standards in order and know how you like to order or keep track of your information used in your drawings, however we are still learning all of that and trying to create office standards concerning all of those things. I would like some advise on where to start putting this together as I really don't know. I'm just trying to save some time. I would be more than willing to share anything I create as far as a keynote database and the keynote family once I have created it, but once again, I feel like I don't know where to start. Judging from the threads it sounds like that there isn't a CSI database out there readily available, and it sounds like it's going to be up to us to create and modify as needed. So any suggestions would be helpful!! Thanks for listening and look forward to your suggestions.!!
Thanks