See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: FLEXnet License Issue

Login to Give a bone

Question FLEXnet License Issue

Hey eveybody...this may not be the right spot to be asking this question but here goes...

I'm working with AutoCAD 2006 that has been installed on the network (this is an assumption since I can't find who actually installed it). Now, I've not had an issue in the last two months I've been working with these guys but this morning I got the following error message:

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet License server manager could not determine where ot find teh licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:
    Specify the License Server System
    Specify the License File

Since I've no idea what it was talking about, I ended up cancelling out of this message box which closed out CAD.

Right before this the icons on half my toolbars went blank for absolutely no reason. Thinking something funky had happened in my sesion of CAD I saved my drawings, closed out of CAD and started up a new session which is when I recieved this message. Hoping against hope I tried shutting down CAD and rebooting my computer. This cleared up the FLEX License issue but the toolbar issue remains. How can I fix this short of unistalling CAD and reinstalling it? Or is this part of a bigger problem where I should do the reinstall?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Wolfgirl

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: FLEXnet License Issue

Quote Originally Posted by howlinwolfak
    Hey eveybody...this may not be the right spot to be asking this question but here goes...

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet License server manager could not determine where ot find teh licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:
    Specify the License Server System
    Specify the License File
    Hmm, this would work, but, I think I will move this from the Acad 06 General forum to this one, as I believe it will get a wider response here, thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FLEXnet License Issue

Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS66802 - FLEXlm® License Finder dialog box is always displayed at startup

For the most part, ignore the "Applies to:" details.

Further searching on the Autodesk web site might turn-up more information on this subject...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: FLEXnet License Issue

Thanks Mike....sorry to take so long to get back to this. For an update this is what ended up happening. The FLEXnet License was because all the seats were being used at the time. On the disipearing icons I tried a complete unistall and reinstall of CAD but it didn't take care of the problem. When the IT guy got involved he decided that XP had somehow been currupted so he completely wiped the computer and started from scratch. Fixed the CAD problem as well as a few other strange things that the computer had been doing. Not sure how XP could have gotten corrupt but the thing had been acting up since before I started using it....

Anyways, that's the update on what happened. Thanks again for the links m'dear!!!