See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Rules of CAD?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The Rules of CAD?

Sorry to hear that. Doing double-work is the one pet peeves that fires me up more than semi-straight lines, non-aligned text, or exploded text, plines and hatches. It will send me into a rage that makes me feel like I'm on the brink of insanity. I just don't get those kind of people. If these people would take a little time, like a measly hour, to get to know whys and hows of basic autocad, it would save soooooooo much time and effort. Doesn't it make you feel like you're constantly picking up after a spoiled little child who has no consequences? Just talking about it gets me steamed up. Good luck to the waiting....

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, can you explain that in laymen's terms for those of us who are not familiar with civil terms?

Login to Give a bone

Not really. It's like I'm the untitled supervisor that is getting "prepped" for when she retires in like 5+ years. But then again, she has a lot of "pull" til then, like when we should or shouldn't use 2006, or revit. She doesn't want to learn anything new, but it holds the rest of us back if we are all working on the same project. There are so many tools that can make my life easier, but nooo-oo-ooo! We can't do it because of her. Honestly, I still do it. I learn on my own and apply new skills. I'm just waiting for any consequences. The bottom line is that it cuts down on costs and illiminates mistakes. Who can argue that?

Login to Give a bone

Could be worse, you might have myself for a CAD manager. Oh I don't explode hatches or anything of the like, but I can be a B*#^µard to work for all the same.
    We got 2006 for some of the team but I still work with 2004 on my PC, it does come down to cost; believe me I'd love to have 2006 on my post. I do understand where you're coming from, however you need to keep your cool. Try to concentrate on improving your basic skills: Like block creation, ensuring you've got no rogue layers in your own drawing files, that kind of thing... Chin up, eh.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789