Thread: 3ds Max - Company logo in wmv format

Login to Give a bone

Default 3ds Max - Company logo in wmv format

just wanted to show everyone a recent project I did for a company logo. Not much in my opinion but the marketing department loved it! Took me about 30 minutes to create, and 8 minutes to render. The actual rendering looks much better than this version, I converted it to a wmv and it reduced the file size but I lost quality so I could post it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3ds Max - Company logo in wmv format

Nicely done.

Login to Give a bone

The look is good, but you're flirting with your safe frames. You also might want to check the render settings and make sure it's NTSC safe. I say this because the white and green seemed to bleed and make the green lettering appear slightly illegible. I'd definitely like to see more of your work though, the composition was top notch.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mlawler
    The look is good, but you're flirting with your safe frames. You also might want to check the render settings and make sure it's NTSC safe. I say this because the white and green seemed to bleed and make the green lettering appear slightly illegible. I'd definitely like to see more of your work though, the composition was top notch.
    I had to mess around with the codecs and choose a lesser quality one so the file size was smaller. Then I had to convert it to an .avi. This practically destroyed the quality of the initial rendering. But they wanted something quick and painless and it didn't matter what it looked like.

Login to Give a bone

I can relate, to that. I've been asked a few times to skip steps or take shortcuts on models and renderings that I would've liked to have spent more time on. Like I said earlier though I think you express your message very clearly through your composition skills. That kind of skill can go take you much further than plugins and tricks, and it isn't really something that can be taught. The theory can but that doesn't mean someone can pull it off like you obviously can.
    EDIT: Are you using scanline renderer? If so you might consider using the Capmul Rom rendering filter. The area filter (default) destroys detail automatically.. Mental Ray doesn't really have a whole lot you can do aside from changing min and max size and buckets/sorting.
    Last edited by mlawler; 2005-12-10 at 04:41 AM.