See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a pdf file- creating problem

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Making a pdf file- creating problem

while i am creating some drawing files (which include so many images) into pdf file, it is taking a lot of time and atlast the system will get hang.how it happened. did anybody is having any answer ? is it the problem of system(ram is 1GB) or Acad. i am using ACAD 2005.There is any other software to make pdf files other than Adobe pdf professional.i am attaching the files.please let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sudhirkizhakoote; 2005-11-29 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Adding the attachments

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Making a pdf file- creating problem

Can you post a sample drawing so that thos of us here can take a look at it and try to replicate the problem. I suspect though its the fact that your drawing has images in it. What are the specs of the system youre creating the PDF's on?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sudhirkizhakoote
    while i am creating some drawing files (which include so many images) into pdf file, it is taking a lot of time and atlast the system will get hang.how it happened. did anybody is having any answer ? is it the problem of system or Acad. i am using ACAD 2005.There is any other software to make pdf files other than Adobe pdf professional.please let me know
    you could try pdf995 I used to use that before switching to Adobe
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

Login to Give a bone

It well be that you just need more memory (ram).

Login to Give a bone

Do you have any gradient fill in the drawing. Adobe does not know how to handle gradient fills and will crash AutoCAD. I also has problems with properly displaying raster images used for wipeouts and masking. I use ArcoPlot, it handles the raster images properly, I haven't tried it on a gradient fill though.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadd.32411
    Do you have any gradient fill in the drawing. Adobe does not know how to handle gradient fills and will crash AutoCAD. I also has problems with properly displaying raster images used for wipeouts and masking. I use ArcoPlot, it handles the raster images properly, I haven't tried it on a gradient fill though.
    Charlie,

I have successfully plotted a gradient fill into Adobe's PDF printer driver for Version 6. It made the file pretty big but it did handle the fills. The image had multiple gradient fills, as well.

I'm not knocking AcroPlot, since I haven't used it. I have always heard good things about AcroPlot anyway.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Richard
    I just tried to plot a drawing with a large area of gradient fill using Acrobat 6.0 and got an error message saying I was out of memory and it crashed the drawing. I have 1.5 gig of memory. I have used Acrobat 6.0 to plot the same drawing numerous time without the gradient fill and had no problems with it. I have experience this same problem in Acad 2004 2005 and now with 2006. When I plotted the same drawing using AcroPlot it had no problem plotting it and the file size was average for a drawing of that size.

Perhaps the amount of memory is important when using Acrobat.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadd.32411
    Richard
    I just tried to plot a drawing with a large area of gradient fill using Acrobat 6.0 and got an error message saying I was out of memory and it crashed the drawing. I have 1.5 gig of memory. I have used Acrobat 6.0 to plot the same drawing numerous time without the gradient fill and had no problems with it. I have experience this same problem in Acad 2004 2005 and now with 2006. When I plotted the same drawing using AcroPlot it had no problem plotting it and the file size was average for a drawing of that size.

Perhaps the amount of memory is important when using Acrobat.
    It probably is. It sounds like your fills were too much for it. I try not to do too many gradients anyway. I was having to do a rendering for our architectural side, since everyone over there was out of the office.

If I ever can get the office moved to a common PDF writer I'll probably suggest AcroPlot, due to all the positive comments I've seen.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Didn't Adobe "invent" gradient fills? In Postscript.
    Wouldn't it be nice if they and aDesk got together on this.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sudhirkizhakoote
    while i am creating some drawing files (which include so many images) into pdf file, it is taking a lot of time and atlast the system will get hang.how it happened. did anybody is having any answer ? is it the problem of system(ram is 1GB) or Acad. i am using ACAD 2005.There is any other software to make pdf files other than Adobe pdf professional.i am attaching the files.please let me know
    I kept thinking the file was hanging up but when I checked it was slowly cranking away at it. after 15 minutes or so the file is halfway done but again still ghuging away. I have emails stacking up so I had to cancel it. I think patience is the key on this one. There are so many images attached it's alot to convert.I'll give it another try at home where I can just leave the file to do its thing.

::Edit::
    Just checked the pdf that it had created up till I canceled the process and it is over 13 meg. You might look into resizing the jpegs to make a smaller file size or something along those lines. I'm not sure how scaling them up after you insert them into AutoCAD affects the size though.
    Last edited by james.eustace; 2005-11-29 at 11:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast