Thread: ATP090 Missing File(s)?

Unhappy ATP090 Missing File(s)?

I'm just discovering the ATP online lessons and had made my way thru the first two sessions of ATP090, but got stopped dead in my tracks when I couldn't find the .dwg file that was used in Session 3. Since this is now an archived lesson plan one would think that the .zip file would include all session .pdf files and any .dwg files referenced. But alas, this one at least doesn't, and even though the instructor says in the forum that he has (had) "posted" the .dwg file it doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can find.

It doesn't make much sense to archive lessons if the drawing files they use aren't available. It only leads to a lot of wasted time and frustration.

Default Re: ATP090 Missing File(s)?

Here's the third segment in a zip file. The .dwg file is included with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question Re: ATP090 Missing File(s)?

The download came as a PHP file, not a ZIP. What application(s) are required to open it?

How are you trying to save the file? You might try left clicking the link to try to save it instead.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Red face Re: ATP090 Missing File(s)?

I did left click it, and Windows confirms the filetype is a PHP file even though it has .zip as part of the filename. Sometimes modifying the filename works, but it didn't in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by heinsite
    I did left click it, and Windows confirms the filetype is a PHP file even though it has .zip as part of the filename. Sometimes modifying the filename works, but it didn't in this case.
    Try doing a right click instead of left click and "save as". I looked at the file again, it downloads as a zip for me. Dont know why its not for you. If you cant get it to work, let me know and I can just email it to you if you want.

Smile Re: ATP090 Missing File(s)?

It dawned on me to try looking at the forum, and the posts, using MS IE (6.0) instead of Netscape (7.01). Go figure... there's a difference. MS IE sees the post entry as a .zip file. Netscape sees it as a .php.

There are so many cases between these programs where things work differently it's getting hard to keep things straight! Thanks for your patience. I think I have all the files needed for this lesson now.

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar

It dawned on me to try looking at the forum, and the posts, using MS IE (6.0) instead of Netscape (7.01). Go figure... there's a difference. MS IE sees the post entry as a .zip file. Netscape sees it as a .php.

There are so many cases between these programs where things work differently it's getting hard to keep things straight! Thanks for your patience. I think I have all the files needed for this lesson now.
    I believe Firefox would fix this problem, if it is possible for you to use it.

I heard that it is also the browser recommended by the US Department of Homeland Security, though I can't say for sure.

I'm just discovering the ATP online lessons and had made my way thru the first two sessions of ATP090, but got stopped dead in my tracks when I couldn't find the .dwg file that was used in Session 3. Since this is now an archived lesson plan one would think that the .zip file would include all session .pdf files and any .dwg files referenced. But alas, this one at least doesn't, and even though the instructor says in the forum that he has (had) "posted" the .dwg file it doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can find.

It doesn't make much sense to archive lessons if the drawing files they use aren't available. It only leads to a lot of wasted time and frustration.
    Hi,

This is Eric the ATP manager, and author of the lesson. were you able to get the file?