See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School in Juneau, Alaska

Login to Give a bone

Default High School in Juneau, Alaska

Hi guy's, my first post here so go easy on me. I've used Revit since release 5. I'm currently working on a New high school that is in the works here in Juneau, Alaska. These rendering we're pretty early on and can be called WIP's due to the fact I have no light fixtures in them. I'm working on doing the final now and should have something to show in the next couple of weeks. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aaronlogan; 2005-11-30 at 08:37 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: High School in Juneau, Alaska

These renderings look great. Can't wait to see the final ones...

Login to Give a bone

Nice! All it needs now is some people and activity and the render will come to life.

Login to Give a bone

You know...i never really like to put people in my renderings...i've just never like the way they look. Could just be me though....thanks for the comments though.

Login to Give a bone

Well I would agree about not rendering people and trees. Personally I feel that they then destroy even really good renders. Was talking more about supper imposing in photos of people. Keep up the good work...

I could stop if I wanted to kpaxton's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

HA! Go easy on you? Oh myyyyyyy.. One would be just asking for it when they say that! (at least that what my professors might say at Crit time...)

NOTE: Remember folks, if you're posting, that we try to include some information to assist us in looking at it so we can come to a better conclusion (time, size of files, what programs used to render, etc.) Otherwise it's just subjective art.

They are good starting images, and it would appear that you're doing some sort of Radiosity solution for your lighting? Oh yeah.. don't forget the FLOOR BASE !!! LOL.

I know when it comes to placing entourage, people and trees, people get divided into two camps and it's difficult to say who's right. However, remember who your audience is. IF you're trying to sell an idea that this is a vibrant space (vis-a-vis that it's enjoyable and people like to be there), then you will definitely need entourage. IF your target audience could care less, a production home for example, you could leave out the people and cars.

These items bring the space to life and does take some good management such as getting the lighting and shadows to fall correctly and inline with the model's. It can make or break your presentation. Personally, my comment are these spaces appear as if it were after hours. I almost expect the maintenence staff to be in the distance with the floor waxer. Put some people in it and see how the feeling changes, but make sure that you have enough... this is something you'll need to judge by eye.

C'ya
    Kyle

Login to Give a bone

Ok guy's...i'll try to put people in the next renders...like I said though it will be a week or two before I have something to show. Trying to get Construction Documents out this month so it's the busy time. Thanks for the suggestions.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronlogan
    Ok guy's...i'll try to put people in the next renders...like I said though it will be a week or two before I have something to show. Trying to get Construction Documents out this month so it's the busy time. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Focus on the CD,s, and skip the renders.
    If you lack the skills to construct, rendering will leave you in the average modern drafter loophole.

Login to Give a bone

Constructing is no sweat.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronlogan
    Constructing is no sweat.
    If so I would need some advice.
    Need to construct almost the same facade in an smaller residential scaled project.

As less mullions as possible, slim beams/columns is my goal.

But this is a far greater challenge for me than the renders, in the next weeks I´ll probably do great renders of this project (Maxwell Render RC1 is out).

But to make a building of glass stand/challenge the elements in my area is difficult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast