Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ability to crop DWF views

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: The Ability to crop DWF views

Yikes! My "clarification" actually confused things. That seems to happen a lot...

I'm not trying to make a smaller DWF. What I'm trying to do is avoid making multiple DWFs (one for each detail). I want to use the one "project DWF" that has all the sheets, and just show the user a particular page & area (I want to set the DWF's initial view using HTML code). That way, the user can search for a particular type of detail, and the results would show him/her the detail in the "project DWF". If they want to see the detail in context, they can zoom out & see the rest of the sheet, or look at the other sheets in the project (because it's all in one DWF).

I would expect that this shouldn't affect file size greatly (since at most I would just need to create some named views to be stored in the DWF). Ideally, I'd like to be able to specify the view by sheet & coordinates (without having to create named views first), but that's not too much of an inconvenience.

It doesn't need to be an irregular view. Most of our details are on rectangular grids. For the rare ones that are "L" or "Z" shaped (for large details and/or crowded sheets) seeing the other details is acceptable.

I could stop if I wanted to scott.sheppard's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The Ability to crop DWF views

If you have multiple layouts in various DWG files and you only want a few of them, you could use the Sheet Set Manager of AutoCAD to select a node, other than the top node, and publish that subset to a DWF.

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: The Ability to crop DWF views

Quote Originally Posted by scott.sheppard
    If you have multiple layouts in various DWG files and you only want a few of them, you could use the Sheet Set Manager of AutoCAD to select a node, other than the top node, and publish that subset to a DWF.
    It's not that I just want a subset of the sheets, it's that I want to have 2nd detail on sheet 3 (for example) be the default view when the page is loaded. From there, the user could zoom to see the entire sheet 3, or go to the other sheets in the set. I'd like to be able to set the initial view using HTML code, so I could use the same DWF on another page to show the 4th detail on sheet 2.

When I talk about showing a particular detail, I don't expect the DWF itself to be smart enough to do that - instead I would expect to use coordinates or a named view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12