Thread: Xerox System & Raster Images?

Login to Give a bone

Default Xerox System & Raster Images?

Would anyone out there, have had the same problem as I do now...

I just recently upgraded (or so I thought) from an OCE plotting system to a Xerox 510 system. Now I am running into a problem when plotting bitonal raster images. On the OCE system you can plot bitonal raster images as lighter colors as needed. However now with the Xerox system the raster images show as basically monochrome. I really need to get the raster images to plot as a lighter color (252). Please help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xerox System & Raster Images?

You will maybe need to talk to the Xerox rep. I think Xerox always installs their systems with the raster printing switched off. Ask the rep about a "dither switch setting" and see what they say.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Xerox System & Raster Images?

Thanks for the reply, however I have spoken to the Xerox rep. and we have figured out the problem...Its a driver issue. Xerox uses an HDI driver that sucks! The windows driver for Xerox is a lot better than the HDI driver, but still doesn't plot correctly. Any printer in our office (laserjet, hp, cannon) prints the raster image as it should as it should with all the correct colors on the .ctb plot style. Just when using the Xerox driver does everything plot as if it were monochrome and as if it disregards the .ctb plot style. Even the "built-in" AutoCAD driver for Xerox doesn't plot correctly.

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Xerox System & Raster Images?

I've had some problems printing Raster Images to our Xerox 8825. The way I solved it was by using a different driver. I agree wholeheartedly with what you stated previously.

The driver I fould that prints raster images best is the Hewlet-Packard 755CM DesignJet Printer driver. I have no problem sending HPGL plots to the Xerox. I do it all day long.

The only problem I run into with the 755 driver is that if I try to send a raster image to our HP 1050C DesignJet Printer, the images gets distorted. In that case I use the 1050 Driver.

When will the printer gods open their eyes and solve this dilemma??

Be well...