Thread: CAD Ground Question

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default CAD Ground Question

Has anyone ever heard of CAD Ground (www.cadground.com)? They are a flat fee contract site for placing clients with designers. If so, what is your opinion of them and the work that flows thru their site? Any other information that you could provide would be great.

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD Ground Question

I looked once. They wanted payment up-front and there seemed to be no current, or even recent, projects listed.

I could stop if I wanted to Sammie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Thomas,

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Coffee Without Cad forum to this one...

Thank You,
    Samantha

CWC Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: CAD Ground Question

I just took a look at the site. It seems like a great deal but, is it worth the $39 (this is a 40% off for month of December deal) you have to pay up front to see contact info who knows. I did some basic house addition plans for a friend of a friend 2 months ago and am still waiting to get paid for that so you do the math when working with someone you dont know at all. I was always told if something looks like an unbelievable sweet deal there is probably a catch somewhere along the line.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: CAD Ground Question

Quote Originally Posted by tc3dcad
    Has anyone ever heard of CAD Ground (www.cadground.com)? They are a flat fee contract site for placing clients with designers. If so, what is your opinion of them and the work that flows thru their site? Any other information that you could provide would be great.

Thanks in advance

Thomas
    saw this discussion over on the CAD mgr group on autodesk...
    I signed up with CADGround and the biggest problem I've personally come across so far is the lack of client screening. Sure you can bid on a job, but you'll never know for sure if the client is interested in you unless he/she contacts you. More times than not I have attempted to contact a client just to find out that their contact and project info is incorrect! I have bid on jobs that have turned out to be posted by accident if anyone can believe that! So far I am not too impressed, good thing it only cost $100.00. I have also sent my concerns into the administration there to get nothing but lame excuses back. It would be a 100% improvement if they would just properly screen the people posting the projects to work on.
    along the same lines, has anyone used http://www.cadtalent.com/ ?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

OK! Great, I am glad that I did not sign up with them. Any one got some good suggestions on places to post for contract work??? That is ones that are good and updated!

I could stop if I wanted to Tom Dorner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

My theory is that your best bet is to network in the community. I know that is the standard response everyone gives someone looking for a job or contract work but it is true.

I coordinate the Revit Users Group here in the Minneapolis - St. Paul Minnesota area. The contacts made from having that users group are invaluable. I see that you have posted in the Revit forums and are using Revit. Maybe start a Revit Users Group in the Charleston area or find an existing LUG to join. Once people know you and your capabilities they will be calling you. Maybe you can be the Revit implementation guru in you market and expand out from production work.

Tom

Login to Give a bone

Not trying to let the cat out of the bag or nothing but one of the other augi members from my area and me are trying to see what we cand do about starting a LUG. I do not know why i did not think about a Revit users group myself.

Any help you could give me on that would be greatly appreciated. I have already downloaded and read most of the AUGI Guide to starting a LUG.