Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions About Rendered Image

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Questions About Rendered Image

I recently completed a presentation to a client for an interior renovation and am attaching one of the images that I did for it with a few questions for those with more experience (practice) at doing renderings with Revit.

Refer to the attached image.

(1) The lights in the ACT ceiling are not aligned within the grids, but they were in the ceiling plan. Is this an issue with the AccuRender Material for the ceiling tile perhaps?

(2) I tried, and tried...to get the ceiling "bright" and "white" but no matter what I did it kept coming out greyed out. I purposely put in lights just to try and brighten it up. How can you get a brighter white ceiling?

(3) Shadows and RPC people.
    The shadows that hit the RPC people sure don't react very life like. Is this just something we have to live with, or is there a way to get shadows to "follow body curvature" rather than just being stripes across them. It appears that they are treated as a 2D surface?

(4) Pixulated Windows.
    Is there a reason why my window glazing down the right side appear so pixulated? They were selected to be transparent objects for daylighting.

Otherwise, every time we do another Revit project we are that much more impressed with its potential. We're lovin' it !

Cory Stechyshyn

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Questions About Rendered Image

Hate it when this happens...... sorry, the image is attached now.

Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Questions About Rendered Image

Cory

I can answer point number 1 for you - thats all I'm afraid.

You need to change the X - Y offset of the map material for your ceiling tile.

Setting > Materials > Accurender Texture - gets you into material library.

Right click the material that appears as an image on the right of the materials box and choose EDIT this brings you into Materials editor.

On the Left under the word BLEND choose the first sub blend probably called FIRST.

Under the heading on the right choose MAPS and under image mapping click location line of the material eg C:\DOCUMENTS etc......

The word EDIT under the material browse line becomes active - Choose edit which takes you into IMAGE MAPPING and then select ORIENTATION - this brings you of X-Y Offset.

This will alow you to match the mapped ceiling tile with your grid.

Sorry this is so confusion - hope this helps

Dave

Login to Give a bone

Ceiling lights:

If you start the ceiling grid aligned against 2 walls and move your lights the material will match up. Not ideal though. Open RCP * 3D view, move grid and render to test results, etc.

Another simple way to do it is to make another material & remove the 'grid' part of the ACT bitmap (attached).

Banding:

Try turning off that sun coming from in back of the camera, maybe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by truevis; 2005-12-14 at 03:01 PM.

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hey there,
    Item 2: The problem is that there is no lighting hitting the ceiling. If you add some up lighting that is not visible, (wall sconce or up light cove) or add "studio lights" which are not visible at all, it helps. *Unforturnately, it adds lighting to other areas and are unrealistic and will not appear the way it will in reality.

Item 4: I appears from your image that the glass is not clear glass. It looks like a textured glass. You may want to check the "panel" to see if that is the case. The other reason may be due to plants outside the windows. If the sun settings are such that the trees outside the window are getting full sun lighting, you would expect that kind of effect due to the many leaves being lit.

Just some thoughts that may help.
    Rendering is definitely an "art".
    Good Luck
    Steve

All AUGI, all the time Max Lloyd's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

(1) The lights in the ACT ceiling are not aligned within the grids, but they were in the ceiling plan. Is this an issue with the AccuRender Material for the ceiling tile perhaps?

Try the solution Dave gave. It will be fiddly, but if the grid is consistant accross the whole ceiling, you should get there eventually.

(2) I tried, and tried...to get the ceiling "bright" and "white" but no matter what I did it kept coming out greyed out. I purposely put in lights just to try and brighten it up. How can you get a brighter white ceiling?

Its a pain. I would consider using photoshop to highmight the whole of your ceiling and simply lighten it. Failing that, you could try adding some 'self luminance' to the material that represents the ceiling. I haven't actually trid that, but it could work.

The shadows that hit the RPC people sure don't react very life like. Is this just something we have to live with, or is there a way to get shadows to "follow body curvature" rather than just being stripes across them. It appears that they are treated as a 2D surface?

Not so sure. I don't use rpc as I have never seen them look very good. However, weird things do seem to be happening with yours. I guess the easiest solution would to not have such strong sunlight coming across the whole image. I'm not sure what angle you have the sun set at, but I guess it must be very very low in order to get it stretching accross the whole image like that. Raise the angle and have it maybe coming in through the right hand windows. That will probably read better as well as the sunlight is currently confusing as you can not see the windows it is eminating from.

(4) Pixulated Windows.
    Is there a reason why my window glazing down the right side appear so pixulated? They were selected to be transparent objects for daylighting.

I think your glass material must be the 'rippled' glass. Check the material carefully. You should use something like the smooth clear glass. (I like to use glass with a touch of reflectivity in it as well.

Looks pretty good though. It won't take much to get it sorted.

Good luck.

Max.
    Last edited by Max Lloyd; 2005-12-14 at 03:17 PM.

Login to Give a bone

One thing I have done for the dark ceiling that I didn't notice anyone else had mentioned is to modify the self luminance of the ceiling material. When editing the material in the material editor on the main tab adjust the self luminance number to a higher number. Play with it till you find something you are happy with. I find it to be less distracting to the rendering.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by artitech
    Radiosity, if your computer is up to it. It would help the whole scene out a lot.

Some RPC's are 2D, actually. I don't know if you'll be able to get around this one. But if you use Radiosity, and maybe turn down the outside sun some, you'll be able to soften those shadows some and it won't be so noticeable.

Login to Give a bone

ALL GOOD SUGGESTIONS, I'LL GIVE THEM A TRY.

I do have several trees outside my windows, this may likely be the cause of the texture appearance in the glass.

The sun angle was an oversight that I will definitely change for future renderings.

I'm going to give this "radiosity" a try over lunch.

THX

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

ALL GOOD SUGGESTIONS, I'LL GIVE THEM A TRY.

I'm going to give this "radiosity" a try over lunch.

THX
    Don't be surprised if the Radiosity solution takes longer than the standard one hour lunch. Depends on details, number of lights etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast