See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Quick Leader & mtext

Login to Give a bone

Question Quick Leader & mtext

This is a strange thing I just noticed that doesn't work like it used to...you invoke the QLeader command and make the leader and when it comes to the part where you make the Mtext, you used to be able to hit <Enter> to get the dialog box. This no longer works? Does anyone know how to make this option come back?

(I would like to paste text and while, yes, I can paste text, it asks me to pick a point and it is not attached to the leader in this method and I have no control over the text style.)

Thanks!
    Jessica

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Quick Leader & mtext

Are you talking about the settings dialog box? If so then you need to select settings before placing anything.
    If you are talking about the mtext dialog box, it seems to work fine for me. Remember, there is not really a "dialog box" like in previous version. You just get the toolbar with all of your mtext editing tools, and the text itself is what you see on screen.
    I don't know if this is what your looking for or not!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cholmes
    Are you talking about the settings dialog box? If so then you need to select settings before placing anything.
    If you are talking about the mtext dialog box, it seems to work fine for me. Remember, there is not really a "dialog box" like in previous version. You just get the toolbar with all of your mtext editing tools, and the text itself is what you see on screen.
    I don't know if this is what your looking for or not!
    I am talking about the MText box. (or toolbar, whatever you want to call it...) I can't get it to come up at all. If I hit <enter> after th leader the command ends and I can't enter any text.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jkramer
    This is a strange thing I just noticed that doesn't work like it used to...you invoke the QLeader command and make the leader and when it comes to the part where you make the Mtext, you used to be able to hit <Enter> to get the dialog box. This no longer works? Does anyone know how to make this option come back?

(I would like to paste text and while, yes, I can paste text, it asks me to pick a point and it is not attached to the leader in this method and I have no control over the text style.)

Thanks!
    Jessica
    Hey Jessica,

When you start your qleader command, hit S to get to the settings and see what is set under annotation. Mine is set at mtext, and I am able to get the mtext dialog...

Login to Give a bone

As Chris stated, in 2005 and up (maybe 2004 as well, we skipped that version) the mtext dialog box isn't really there. Also be sure that you are using the correct tool. There is a ootb tool for a plain leader with no text, and a tool for leader with text. If you still aren't seeing anything, check the options you have selected for the qleader. Run the leader commend and chose "s" for setting and make sure the mtext is selected.

Hope this helps

Login to Give a bone

I have checked the settings and yes, Mtext is selected. It's in the command line, and on my pointer (DYN cmd), but it doesn't come up. (I want to enter Mtext on the screen, with the toolbar and not at the command line, whatever you want to call that...)

I just know that something is broken because I KNOW it used to work this way. I guess I'll try other machines in the office and see if it's just my install.

Thanks for the feedback!

Login to Give a bone

Just had this same problem, probably to little to late but try setting your cmddia to 1. Worked for me.

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: Quick Leader & mtext

I know this is a really old post, but I was looking for something similar and may have the answer to your issue. CMDDIA is one problem that may compound your problem, setting it to 0 will cause the qleader command to exit. Setting it to 1 allows you to choose <mtext>, which you can see on the command line. You're prompted for 1st point, next point, etc., then when you hit ENTER, your command line reads "Enter first line of annotation text <mtext>:" at which point you should be able to hit ENTER again and it'll give you the mtext formatting dialog you so crave. I wonder if you'll ever read this. Good luck anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by jkramer
    I have checked the settings and yes, Mtext is selected. It's in the command line, and on my pointer (DYN cmd), but it doesn't come up. (I want to enter Mtext on the screen, with the toolbar and not at the command line, whatever you want to call that...)

I just know that something is broken because I KNOW it used to work this way. I guess I'll try other machines in the office and see if it's just my install.

Thanks for the feedback!

Login to Give a bone

WOW! Thank you so much for the FIX. It does indeed work now. Thanks for your help, even if it was a long time ago, it has just annoyed me even longer.