Thread: Dimension palette tool problem.

Login to Give a bone

Default Dimension palette tool problem.

Hello,

My office is running ADT2005 but still does a lot of work with plain ACAD functionality. We've made some annotation palettes for the ACAD work with dtext, mtext and dimension tools set with office standard styles and scales. We've then put the palettes in catalogs an published the catalogs to a network location. Most things work fine except that the dimension tool does not properly create a dimension using the standard dimstyle. Specifically, it loses the "Architectural Tick" arrow head and substitutes it with "Closed Filled". This just happens the first time we make a dimension off of the palette. If we go into the dimension style editor and change the arrow to "architectural tick", the "_ArchTick" block loads and everything works ok.

Any ideas as to what is going on and how to get the dimension tool to use the style as defined would be appreciated! Thanks!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension palette tool problem.

I am flying blind here since we use a different dimension technique but I might start by double-checking the tool properties to insure the settings are correct (clip attached of a tool I made on the fly that works as it should). Assuming your dimension style (and layers or whatever) are correct, then perhaps insure that the style you are referencing is correct in your template for new projects.

Is it possible your tool is being used on drawings where the Standard style is defined differently and the existing dimension style that the tool is referencing is incorrect? Perhaps the problem is in the dimension style in the drawing rather than a problem in the tool.

Hope this helps. If not, maybe post a problem drawing and let me know what your tool properties should be. Maybe I can figure it out. Or not. But I would be happy to try.

PBR

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dimension palette tool problem.

I am having the EXACT same problem. Since so many of our old dimensions are messed up, i went ahead and made new dimstyles in the drawing i'm referencing all of my stuff for my tool palletes from. The dimensions, unless already defined in the drawing, show up with closed filled arrowheads rather than the arch. ticks.

If you find out how to fix this, please let me know!!

tyeel@goddensudik.com