Thread: Dynamic Block Axis Rotation

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Dynamic Block Axis Rotation

I have a block which consists of a circle (electrolier) and arrow pointing the direction of the light. I have added a rotation parameter and action. when i close the block editor and try it works fine, But when i open a new drawing and insert the block again, the arrow rotates along a different axis. It keeps changing on me. When i create a new parametere and action, it works fine. but again when i try to open new drawing, the axis of rotation changes on me. Please Help, it is very frustrating!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block Axis Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by VBOYAJI
    I have a block which consists of a circle (electrolier) and arrow pointing the direction of the light. I have added a rotation parameter and action. when i close the block editor and try it works fine, But when i open a new drawing and insert the block again, the arrow rotates along a different axis. It keeps changing on me. When i create a new parametere and action, it works fine. but again when i try to open new drawing, the axis of rotation changes on me. Please Help, it is very frustrating!
    can you post problematic dwg file? how are you saving the block t(o hard-drive?) for re-insertion? (that might make a difference...) also, look in the "sharing" thread for some other excellent ideas...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block Axis Rotation

I am saving my drawing on the network, and then i exit the drawing and open a new drawing, hence inserting the modified block, the axis of rotation has moved. When i try to create the rotation parameter, i choose the center of circle as my base point, then it changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files