Thread: ScriptPro Problem

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default ScriptPro Problem

I am trying to use scriptpro with acad 2005 and it will only open up the first drawing and when done with the script file it just sets there. The little counter dialog starts to increase the quantity in some of the boxes. I have read the post' in here about scriptpro. All I want to do is open each drawing and have it load an AutoLISP program that extracts the attribute data from the titleblock. If I drag and drop the file it runs in the blink of an eye. When it is called with scriptpro it just sets there. If I cancel scriptpro it has to shutdown AutoCAD. I have set SDI to 1 and 0 and it doesn't matter. I changed my script to zoom e zoom .5x and that happens and then it just sets there running up the counters. I have put Close and No into the script and it still just sets there in the one lone drawing. I am hoping someone can tell me what in the heck is wrong that I can't get something as simple as scriptpro to work. I have attached a JPG of the scriptpro dialog box and you can see the high count for what is taking place. Thanks for any and all help and happy holidays to all of AUGI. Jack
    PS: I went back and tried the default scripts provided with AutoCAD and I still get the same lockup result.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jack.foster; 2005-12-23 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Dab more info on what I am trying to make it work myself

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ScriptPro Problem

Can you post your script and a copy of the titleblock drawing for us to have a look?

Be warned, due to the upcoming holiday, a more prompt response to this may be slow.

Happy Holidays
    Richard
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hi Jack,

Being that this related to ScriptPro and not Autolisp, I have *moved* this thread from the AutoLISP Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks,

Richard
    Forum Moderator
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I agree the move is correct and I am attaching some just basic AutoCAD drawings that do not work along with the more complex titleblock drawing that also does not work. A copy of the script is also attached which is nothing more than zoom extents zoom .5x for testing purposes. Note, I installed scriptpro on my home workstation and ran the same script on some basic drawings there and it worked fine. However, I was surprised that it totally shut down autocad and reopened it for each drawing. That seems highly inefficient to me. The other weird thing is that I have AutoCAD 2004, 2005 & 2006 on this workstation and it recognized all of them. However, it did not let me type "scriptpro" at the command prompt and have it run. I had to go to the windows start menu and go from there. On the office workstation I can type scriptpro to activate the program but it does not run properly. All of this makes 99.99% NO SENSE at all. Hope somebody can figure out this mystery. I could not download the script file as .scr is not an allowed file extension but for testing it is as I described above. Thanks, Jack Foster.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by jack.foster
    However, I was surprised that it totally shut down autocad and reopened it for each drawing. That seems highly inefficient to me.
    For what is is worth, that is the way ScriptPro has always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by jack.foster
    The other weird thing is that I have AutoCAD 2004, 2005 & 2006 on this workstation and it recognized all of them. However, it did not let me type "scriptpro" at the command prompt and have it run. I had to go to the windows start menu and go from there. On the office workstation I can type scriptpro to activate the program but it does not run properly. All of this makes 99.99% NO SENSE at all.
    ScriptPro is not an AutoCAD command ( by default ), therefore I would guess someone at work has created a command "ScriptPro" that runs ScriptPro.exe when it is entered at the AutoCAD Command Line ( Acad.pgp / LISP or VBA macro etc ).

Have a good one, Mike