See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

Login to Give a bone

Default 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

Hi all, I'm very new here and have those questions.

I have a floor plan drawing and I have 3 questions;
    1- When I print my drawing it only occupies 2/3 of the paper and
    consequently it's size appears small, how can I stretch it on the
    entire paper?

2- How can I export the drawing as JPG picture with the same size in
    A4 PAPER.

3- The drawing is in layers and u all know that, we can't arrange
    layers in AutoCAD so layer a is on top of layer b like in photo shop.
    My question is when I draw a rectangle over the lines, I need this
    rectangle to cover the lines beneath it directly without the need to
    make hatch the rectangle with white color?

Thank u all in advance

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

I just want to add that units are meters and decimals are 0.00.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

Which version of AutoCAD are you using?

The plotting issue depends on how you want to print. You can have the drawing scaled to fit the paper or you can have the drawing print at a set scale. (ie: 1:100)

For the JPG issue, you will need to select the proper printer driver (PublishToWebJPG.pc3). Your system may be different.

Your last issue, depending on your version, you could use a WIPEOUT to place a rectangle or other shape in an area that will hide stuff behind it. DRAWORDER is another command you may want to look into. If you have the Express Tools installed you can also do the DRAWORDER by color.

HTH
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much for your reply, I'm using autocad 2006 full and I want to pring a floor plan on an A4 paper. I did try fit on the pring on page but still the drawing in the bottom corner of the page.

Thank u again.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

Quote Originally Posted by mmkamel
    Thank you very much for your reply, I'm using autocad 2006 full and I want to pring a floor plan on an A4 paper. I did try fit on the pring on page but still the drawing in the bottom corner of the page.

Thank u again.
    here's a screenshot of the plot dialog box, as richard said, it will depend on whether or not you wish to plot to a certain scale, and we might need a bit more information to walk you through accomplishing that accurately.

in the bottom 3rd of this dialog you'll want to pay attention to the plot area and plot scale... without seeing your drawing, I can't tell if plot area is important, I usually set mine to plot extents, unless there is something outside of my titleblock that I don't want to include or would throw me off of my desired scale.

the way to pull your selection to fit the entire sheet would be to check 'Fit to Paper' under plot scale. you can also see in the greyed out boxes below that what factor that will show up as by doing that, this example wouldn't be something I could easily measure off of.

did that help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Dear Wanderer, Opie
    I'm attaching the drwaing here. What I need is to plot this drawing in a4 paper so that the drwaing covers and centered the paper and then export it as a jpg image with same specifications so when users print the image it is the same like autocad.
    U can see what layouts in this drwaing, those the ones I tried.

about this drwaing: it is a floor plan for hall that will host an exhibtion of medical equiment. each blue square represents a square meter. Exhibitors stand will be allocated on this floor plan and when I draw in exhibitor stand over the blue squares. The stand should appear without squared beneath it so the exhibitor can count the blue squres and see what area he occupies in the floor plan.

Thank u very much for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Opie, I did try the command wipeout and it worked better than expect. You guys are treasure.

Wanderer, I attached the drawing plz have a look and look at the layouts some times when I try to make viewports, it duplicates the drawing over it self!!

Thank you very much indeed.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: 3 Questions - Plot to entire sheet; Output to JPG; Draworder by Layers

Quote Originally Posted by mmkamel
    Opie, I did try the command wipeout and it worked better than expect. You guys are treasure.

Wanderer, I attached the drawing plz have a look and look at the layouts some times when I try to make viewports, it duplicates the drawing over it self!!

Thank you very much indeed.
    glad opie's tip helped. I'll try to take a look at that drawing before I leave work today, but, if I can't get back to you, I'm sure someone else will. They're all kind and helpful like that.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I'm at home today, so I'll try to take a look tomorrow. ly I will be the only CAD tech in the office tomorrow, so no promises.

Good Luck.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

No problem when u have time just have look.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast